JOIN THE KEESLER FEDERAL CREDIT UNION TEAM!
Keesler Federal Credit Union team members enjoy competitive salaries and a wide range of benefits, some of which include:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Section 125 Flexible Spending Accounts for Health Care and Dependent Care expenses
- Employee and Dependent Life Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with 100% match on the first 5% contributed by you
- Paid Leave
- Tuition Reimbursement and Competitive Scholarships
- Short Term & Long Term Disability Benefits
WE CURRENTLY DO NOT SPONSOR WORK RELATED VISAS
SPECIAL NOTE: On average our FSRs have the potential to earn $500 or more in monthly incentives.
Position: Floating Financial Services Representative I (FSR I)
Department: Retail Operations
Reports To: Branch Manager or Assistant Branch Manager
Under general supervision, but following established policies and procedures, is responsible for creating, opening, and processing new consumer & business member accounts and cross selling services to members while providing extraordinary service. Explains products’ and/or services’ value, benefits, features, rates and fees to members. Using the sales and service process as outlined in training, is responsible for conducting a high quality interview with members and potential members to satisfy their needs.
Represents the credit union in a professional, friendly, courteous manner. Gives prompt, efficient, and accurate service in the processing of all transactions. Stays current with credit union membership requirements, deposit products, services, loan products, and marketing campaigns.
This staff member is moved within the region’s branch network at the discretion of the home base Branch Manager. The individual in this position can and will be moved frequently and without out prior notice.
- Creates new membership accounts. Opens and processes required documentation for all types of consumer & business deposit accounts including individual retirement accounts and certificates of deposit.
- Conducts quality interviews with members using the sales and service training to meet member needs through credit union products and services.
- Uses Loan Operating system and the sales and service process to complete quality consumer loan applications over the phone or in person.
- Clearly communicates decisions to the member in a positive and tactful manner.
- Disburses the loan in accordance with guidelines and procedures. Ensures that all paperwork and documents for closure of loan are correctly completed.
- Responsible for sales of ancillary products on qualified loan applications.
- Provides merchant referrals directly to the merchant for business accounts.
- Maintains a high level of productivity by meeting or exceeding established goals set by Branch Manager and Regional Director.
- Orders and statuses ATM and Debit cards through Card Creation Wizard or utilizes card printing system to provide members with ATM and Debit cards instantly. Submits ATM and Debit card disputes and fraud disputes.
- Works to resolve members’ concerns, complaints, discrepancies, and problems through use of available resources, effective use of KFCU computer systems and product knowledge. Refers problems through the chain-of-command for resolution. Utilizes the CRM to effectively track member concerns.
- In support of marketing campaigns such as Auto Loan Refinance or new member onboarding, makes outbound phone calls to contact members in regards to products or services for which the member qualifies.
- Completes, with an acceptable grade, all training for this position as directed by management and actively participates in training classes.
- Maintains proficiency in all computer systems necessary to perform the job satisfactorily.
- Responsible for compliance with all Federal regulations including Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC), Red Flag Program, Fair Credit Reporting Act and REG CC.
- Upholds all member information in the strictest confidence.
- Responsible for assisting the Member Contact Center with overflow calls using the credit union call system.
- Within the scope of an FSR I authority, assists the teller line with teller transactions in the event of a branch staffing shortage in accordance with written policies and procedures.
- Within the scope of an FSR I authority, maintains control of cash by double counting all cash received and disbursed, or being diligent as the 2nd party in any dual control procedure.
- Utilizes check hold and cash transaction procedures when processing transactions and if applicable, Reg CC within prescribed guidelines.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains branch office equipment and supplies necessary to keep office working efficiently.
- Assists in balancing the ATM and Night Depository as directed by the Branch Manager or Assistant Branch Manager.
- Assists in upholding the branch appearance (interior and exterior) and to maintain a clean and orderly workspace.
- Miscellaneous duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- A high school education or GED.
- Community college coursework is desired.
Experience and Other Requirements:
- One year to three years of similar or related experience.
- Completion of Lending Class, New Accounts training, Sales and Service Training and Teller training through the KFCU Training Department required.
- Must possess ability to operate computer terminal, computer printers, calculator, fax machine, telephone, currency counter, and copier with accuracy and attention to detail.
- Must possess and exhibit an outgoing personality, helpful member service attitude and an ability to sell credit union products and services.
- Must possess strong basic math skills, accuracy and attention to detail
- Must demonstrate an ability to understand and implement changing policies and procedures.
- Must be knowledgeable of teller transactions relevant to the position.
- Must maintain confidentiality and dependability.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills required.
- Courtesy, tact, and diplomacy are essential elements of the job. Work involves much personal contact with others inside and/or outside the organization for purposes of giving or obtaining information, building relationships, or soliciting cooperation.
- Extensive use of personal PC required.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, as well as use of internet and e-mail.
- Must be able to navigate the internet to search for data and be able to complete online forms.
- Somewhat knowledgeable of emerging computer technology, such as mobile devices, imaging technology, and social media.
- Must be familiar with home banking and bill paying services.
Certificates, Licenses and Registrations:
- Sales and Service Standard
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, and walk; use hands to finger, handle, feel or grasp; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to kneel, crouch, or stoop. The employee is occasionally required to lift and/or move 10-15 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Extensive use of desktop computer is required. The noise level is that of a normal office environment.
The human resources department retains the sole rights and discretion to make changes to this job description.