Hamilton County Schools, Located In Chattanooga, TN, Is Building The Best School District In Tennessee. We Are Committed To Excellence For Every Student And Are Seeking Outstanding Teachers With The Ability To Inspire, Engage, And Who Desire To Make A Difference In The Lives Of Students. With Nearly 80 Schools Located In Urban, Rural, And Suburban Communities, We Are Confident That You Can Find Your Place In Hamilton County.
Teaching & Learning – Deeply understand the Tennessee Mathematics Standards and establish clear learning targets for every lesson. Build rigorous and aligned assessments and consistently implement high leverage mathematics practices and strategies. Follow Hamilton County Schools’ instructional framework, including:
- Ensuring Equity in Actions
- Setting High Expectations
- Building a Productive Classroom Culture
- Responsive Teaching and Learning
Classroom Culture: Build a safe and productive classroom culture. Positive relationships are evident, procedures are clear, and the classroom is safe and secure for learning to unfold. Student and teacher interactions promote a growth mindset.
Family & Community: Consistently develop strong relationships with students’ families while diligently informing parents of expectations, positive news, and/or concerns about their children. Provide opportunities for parents to be involved in their children’s learning.
Professional Responsibilities: Actively participates in professional learning communities (PLCs) with colleagues in order to improve teaching and student learning. Reflect on instruction and leadership while contributing ideas, expertise, and time to the mission and goals of the school.
- Committed to high academic achievement and high expectations for all students
- Able to be a positive team-player and communicate effectively with colleagues, supervisors, students, and families
- Open to being coached and receiving feedback in order to advance learning and growth for students
- Professional with high personal standards and integrity
- Teaching candidates must hold a valid state of Tennessee teaching certification in 6-8 Mathematics, 6-12 Mathematics or be upcoming graduates in an accredited teacher preparation program. If you hold a teaching license in another state, you must for a Tennessee teaching license.
- Candidates must hold a bachelor’s degree.
Salary is based on a combination of relevant education and experience.
_This position may be eligible for an increase in total compensation. The Differentiated Compensation Plan applies to designated schools and hard-to-staff positions._
Job Type: Full-time
- Bachelor’s (Required)
- Teaching Certification (Preferred)