Promote, sell, increase and preserve solid waste services to businesses and industrial establishments in assigned territory by identifying new market areas, maintaining current customers, and developing strategies to outweigh competition. Prepare sales contracts with knowledge of pricing, costs and equipment with input from Facility/General Manager.
- Aggressively solicit orders from current and prospective customers to maintain and increase customer base.
- Maintain good customer relations by traveling throughout assigned territory to meet with existing and prospective customers to assess and manage customer needs.
- Compile and manage lists of prospective customers in sales database for use in sales leads through cold-calling and other techniques.
- Penetrate new and existing market areas to maintain and increase sales and market share for assigned territories.
- Develop working knowledge of branch/regional profit and loss components and dynamics including pricing service, calculating desired margins and cost of service.
- Develop and maintain working knowledge of solid waste product and equipment pricing, costs and application to include roll-off presentation, commercial placement, front-end upgrade and full-line applications.
- Provide price quotes and credit terms to potential customers and prepare sales contracts. Consult Sales Manager or Facility /General Manager prior to deviating from book rates.
- Develop and exhibit proficiency in commercial placement, customer needs analysis, customer upgrades and customer retention and in identifying major industrial needs in the areas of compaction application including pricing, mechanical aptitude and service capabilities.
- Demonstrate proficiency in preparation and organization of sales presentations to major accounts by effectively displaying and demonstrating products and services and emphasizing marketable features.
- Maintain awareness of the activities of solid waste competitors.
- Assist with the identification and implementation of price increases for substandard accounts.
- Perform waste stream analysis to include estimation of volumes and recognition of waste streams requiring special handling or which can be recycled or diverted.
- Participate in business related meetings, conferences, social functions and civic organizations to boost the overall exposure of the Company.
- Court, cultivate, secure and act as liaison between large customers, municipal and governmental sector business including bid invitations and preliminary bid preparation.
- Assist in identifying acquisition candidates and participate in the acquisition of and merging with targeted businesses.
Education, Training, Experience and Licensing/Certification Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree from a four (4) year college or university
- Knowledge or experience in solid waste industry desired.
- Two (2) to three (3) years of sales experience with thorough knowledge of sales techniques.
- Equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Possess valid state driver’s license.
GFL Environmental is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It will make reasonable accommodations to enable employees to perform their jobs.
Warner Robins, GA
General Business, Customer Service