DESCRIPTION OF ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
- Reconcile general ledger accounts monthly and quarterly.
- Maintain fixed asset schedules, which includes calculating the monthly depreciation expense.
- Monthly sales and use tax reconciliation, business and/or occupation tax for counties and sate complainace.
- Handling the payment or reimbursement of business licenses.
- Create and enter monthly journal entries.
- Assist operations billing group when needed
- All other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATION, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- High school diploma required
- 3 plus years of accounting experience required
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office required
- Must be able to read, analyze and interpret procedures, regulations, instructions, manuals and other documents as required.
- Excellent telephone, public relations and oral/written communication skills are required.
- Must be able to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, or schedule form.
- Must possess basic skills with personal computer, experience with Windows, word processing and internet.
- The employee must be able to organize and prioritize work; must have knowledge of office administration procedures and able to operate most standard office equipment. The employee must pay attention to detail in proofing work related items and processing work. Must be self-motivated with initiative and ability to make decisions and accept responsibility. Be flexible to respond to unexpected situations that require immediate attention. A high level of confidentiality is to be maintained by the employee.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to operate a calculator and PC; talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; and stoop. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision requirements by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
EOE M/F/D/V AA