It is full-time (40 hours per week) with State Benefits benefits.
This position currently qualifies for a hybrid telework option with routine office and remote workdays. The NC Department of Environmental Quality trusts our employees to be self-motivated and successful in hybrid/remote roles. Telework options are subject to change at the discretion of management.
Description of Work:
- Provide training to department staff on proper internal control and accounting practices relate to accounts payable processes, NCAS Accounts Payable module, vendor payment processes, and other topics deemed appropriate for the accounts payable staff to carry out their duties and responsibilities.
- Assist in developing and following processes for reviewing work to reduce errors, strengthen internal controls, and assists employees in improving work habits and/or performance Perform non-payroll related administrative functions for Administration (ADM) and Financial Services Division (FSD) within department.
- Use Microsoft Office products, including SharePoint, MS Teams, Word, Excel, and Outlook daily, will be involved in transition to new statewide NCFS, and is responsible for researching, analyzing, and solving problems, and notifies management of problems or areas of concern.
Division of Financial Services (FSD):
The NC Department of Environmental Quality:
The primary mission of the North Carolina Department of Environmental Quality (DEQ) is to provide science-based environmental stewardship for the health and prosperity of all North Carolinians. The North Carolina Department of Environmental Quality (DEQ) is the lead stewardship agency for the protection of North Carolina’s environmental resources. The organization, which has offices from the mountains to the coast, administers regulatory programs designed to protect air quality, water quality, and the public’s health, and works to advance in all-of-the-above energy strategy that fits North Carolina’s needs. DEQ also offers technical assistance to businesses, farmers, local governments, and the public and encourages responsible behavior with respect to the environment through education programs provided at DEQ facilities and through the state’s school system. DEQ touches the lives of all North Carolinians in many ways to enhance and ensure our quality of life. Please visit our website at the Department of Environmental Quality for more information.
If you have student loans, becoming a state employee includes eligibility for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program. Visit www.studentaid.gov to learn more.
Recruitment Range: $32,460 – $44,633
This position is located at: 217 West Jones Street, Raleigh, North Carolina 27603
To qualify for this position, applicants must document on the application that they possess ALL of the following:
- Demonstrated work experience in accounts payable procedures and accounting practices.
- Demonstrated work experience with auditing invoices to assure adherence to accounting standards and regulations.
- Demonstrated work experience with identifying and correcting routine and recurring accounts payable problems.
- Demonstrated work experience with presenting financial information clearly and concisely in oral and written form.
Associate degree in accounting from an appropriately accredited institution and one year of accounting experience; or High school diploma or General Educational Development (GED) diploma and three years of experience in accounting work; or equivalent combination of education and experience.