HOW YOU WILL IMPACT OUR MISSION
The Accounts Payable Manager is responsible for overseeing the daily operations of the Accounts Payable team and processes, with an external focus on building lasting relationships with vendors and internal customers, and optimizing department systems and processes. This position reports to the Director of Procurement.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Manage the Accounts Payable team, including but not limited to, hiring, training, developing and coaching staff, as well as monitoring and evaluating performance, and recommending and implementing personnel actions. Maintain a high degree of employee engagement. Mentor team members to support and encourage growth, talent and empowerment.
- Oversee the full Accounts Payable cycle from invoice receipt to vendor payment. Monitor and manage productivity to ensure deadlines are met and goals are achieved. Oversee month end close activities to ensure accurate and timely financial information. Collaborate and work closely with the Purchasing Manager to ensure effective communication, efficient workflows and means to quickly resolve any issues within Procurement.
- Optimize systems and processes, with streamlined workflows. Recommend & implement efficiencies and process improvements with a focus on simplification. Maintain strong internal controls and adherence to organizational Policies and Procedures.
- Develop and maintain strong, lasting and cohesive relationships with internal and external business partners. Provide great customer service. Provide ad-hoc analysis/requests as appropriate.
- Ensure compliance with applicable State and Federal regulations (including 1099’s and 1042’s) and reporting requirements. And assist with the coordination and gathering of documents to support audit requests.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- JOB EXPERIENCE
- 5+ Years of directly related Accounts Payable experience as an individual contributor, preferably in a large, high volume corporate environment
- Minimum of 3 Years Supervisory/Management Experience.
- EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related business discipline required.
- SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Must have a thorough understanding of accounts payable functions, with knowledge of financial transaction flows, including system interfaces.
- Knowledge and understanding of Accounting principles (GAAP), laws and regulations, and internal controls.
- Ability to interpret, apply and explain rules, regulations, policy and procedures.
- Knowledge of the practices, techniques and equipment used on the job.
- Ability to use a variety of computer programs and accounting or related software proficiently.
- Ability to optimize systems and processes, streamline workflow and manage productivity.
- Ability to lead, including training, coaching, mentoring and motivating team effectively.
- Skilled in conflict resolution.
- Ability to set SMART goals, assign tasks to employees, evaluate performance, and give feedback regularly.
- Must have strong analytical skills, and have the ability to work with large volumes of data. Must have Intermediate to Advanced Microsoft Excel skills.
- Ability to compile, analyze and report financial information to management and government agencies.
- Must have effective time management and organization skills and the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously, with high attention to detail.
- Must be familiar with Accounting close processes, and able to meet deadlines.
- Must be able to prepare accounts reconciliations, as well as review those prepared by the team.
- Ability to communicate effectively (verbal and written).
- Ability to provide a high level of customer service. Motivated to develop lasting relationships with internal and external customers. Ability to resolve issues, and obtain or provide additional information where required.
- Ability to solve technical and non-technical accounting problems related to Accounts Payable.
- Ability to make decisions and find alternative solutions to problems.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and in a diverse team environment. Willing to embrace diversity, equity and inclusion and collaborate across the organization.
- Commitment to ethical behavior with a willingness to adhere to all company policies and financial legislation.
SOME OF THE PERKS YOU WILL ENJOY AS A TEAM MEMBER
- Free admission to the San Diego Zoo and the San Diego Zoo Safari Park
- Family Passes
- Complimentary Tickets
- Local and In-House Discounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Wellness Program
- Location: San Diego, CA
- Position Type: Full-Time Salaried Exempt Position
Be an ally for wildlife by joining our team!
At San Diego Zoo Wildlife Alliance, we thrive on celebrating our differences. Diversity is vital for the benefit of our team members, our guests, our community, and our wildlife.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application, please email your request to email@example.com and provide the job title and location to which you are applying.
As a Federal Contractor, San Diego Zoo Wildlife Alliance is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States.
San Diego Zoo Wildlife Alliance is a drug free workplace