Join our team as an Activities Coordinator here at Rockingham County Rehabilitation and Nursing Center. Enjoy fantastic benefits, generous paid time off and the opportunity to work alongside accomplished professionals. Be a part of an organization you can be proud of and a career you know makes a difference in the resident’s lives.
SCOPE OF POSITION:
Plans, develops, organizes, implements, evaluates, and directs the Activities Department in accordance with current existing federal, state, and local standards as well as the Long Term Care facility’s established policies and procedures to ensure that residents receive a well-rounded choice of daily activities.
EXAMPLE OF DUTIES:
- Plans, organizes, coordinates, and directs activity programs that make every effort to meet each residents’ individual needs and interests adapted to their current abilities.
- Determines departmental staffing, working hours and assignments as related to department and facility needs.
- Ensures that activity calendars provide areas of interest for residents of all ethnic backgrounds, religious beliefs, cognition levels, physical abilities and adjusts as needed.
- Creates monthly activity calendars and ensures that they are posted prior to first of each month.
- Audits and approves bi-weekly payroll functions.
- Recruits, interviews, orients, trains, schedules, supervises, evaluates, and provides recognition of volunteers.
- Completes all required documentation in accordance with facility, state, and federal policies including activity related MDS sections.
- Coordinates and engages in fund raising efforts.
- Attends and engages in interdisciplinary care plan meetings.
- Develops appropriate individualized care plans for all residents and participates in ongoing care plan review process.
- Submits and manages the department budget, requests, reports, and records.
- Reviews and evaluates employee performance annually and/or as required.
- Attends facility continuous quality improvement meetings; completes department reports of current issues and plans of correction.
- Meets with all residents and/or their families to assess current activity needs and potential for involvement in programs.
- Assures that programs are communicated to all appropriate parties.
- Serves as facility liaison to promote positive community support and involvement.
- Leads activity programs, as needed, to provide consistent delivery of services.
- Coordinates the joint efforts of activity staff, nursing staff, and other disciplines and departments to best utilize available resources in providing activity programs.
- Must be able to work hours as scheduled based on the requirements of the position and department.
- Bachelor’s degree in Therapeutic Recreation; or
- Licensed Occupational Therapist; or
- Licensed COTA; or
- Certified Activities Director preferred.
- Two years of related experience in the activities programming field with demonstrated supervisory skills and/or training.
- An equivalent combination of education, work and experience will be considered.
Rockingham County offers a complete benefits package to full-time and part-time employees including: health, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term disability and optional long-term disability. Employees working 35 hours or more per week will be enrolled in the New Hampshire Retirement System. Additional benefits include:
- 11 paid holidays
- 22 accrued earned time days per year
- Free 24/7 fitness facility
- Generous contributions into Health Savings Account
- $2,500 referral bonus for LNA, MNA, LPN or RN positions
- Tuition Reimbursement
- and more!
Location: 117 North Rd, Brentwood, NH
Equal Employment Opportunity
Mandatory post offer physical, drug and alcohol testing for new hire. Criminal records check required.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $46,592.00 – $67,100.80 per year
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: One location