Pay Grade: H
The Georgia Department of Community Health (DCH) is one of Georgia’s four health agencies serving the state’s growing population of over 10 million people. DCH serves as the lead agency for Medicaid, oversees the State Health Benefit Plan (SHBP) and Healthcare Facility Regulation, impacting one in four Georgians.
Through effective planning, purchasing and oversight, DCH provides access to affordable, quality health care to millions of Georgians, including some of the state’s most vulnerable and under-served populations. Six enterprise offices support the work of the agency’s three program divisions. DCH employees are based in Atlanta, Cordele and across the state.
The Department of Community Health is seeking an Administrative Assistant 3 for its Performance and Care Management Office of the Medical Assistance Plans Division. This is a hybrid position that requires in-office and remote work with the approval of the supervisor. The days and frequency in the office can change at any time during employment based on the business needs of the organization.
Under broad supervision, performs a wide range of office administration duties for assigned functions or program areas, duties may be complex in nature and may involve access to confidential information. May research, investigate, and/or resolve program data or issues. Drafts documentation, reports, or presentations. Represents program or unit, provides information and assistance to internal and external customers.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages routine administrative functions for the agency/office, such as travel expenses, car rentals, leases, vendors, contracts, telecommunications, building security, purchasing, billing/credit, inventory, property control, etc;
- Provides administrative support to the assigned area;
- Provides assistance and problem resolution to claimants, employers, staff, other agencies, and/or general public;
- Provides program, administrative, and/or technical assistance and interpretation;
- Researches and resolves detailed program or client issues/questions and prepares documents;
- Provides program, administrative, and/or technical assistance to customers and staff;
- Researches and/or resolves program or client issues or questions. May represent the manager in various matters;
- May service as a lead worker;
- May train subordinate staff in proper procedures of day to day operations;
- Performs job responsibilities with minimal supervision.
Associate’s degree from an accredited college or university AND Two years of related experience OR Four years of related experience.
EARN MORE THAN A SALARY! In addition to a competitive salary, the Georgia Department of Community Health offers a generous benefits package, which includes employee retirement plan; paid holidays annually; vacation and sick leave; health, dental, vision, legal, disability, accidental death and dismemberment, health and child care spending account.
Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to provide information on application status by phone or e-mail. All qualified applicants will be considered, but may not necessarily receive an interview. Selected applicants will be contacted by the hiring agency for next steps in the selection process. Applicants who are not selected will not receive notification.
THIS POSITION IS SUBJECT TO CLOSE AT ANY TIME ONCE A SATISFACTORY APPLICANT POOL HAS BEEN IDENTIFIED. APPLICATIONS WITHOUT WORK EXPERIENCE LISTED WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED. CURRENT GEORGIA STATE GOVERNMENT EMPLOYEES WILL BE SUBJECT TO STATE PERSONNEL BOARD (SPB) RULE PROVISIONS. THE POSITION MAY BE FILLED AT A LOWER OR HIGHER POSITION LEVEL.
This position is unclassified and employment is at-will. Candidates for this position are subject to
a background history, reference check, and credit check. For more information about this job
contact: : http://dch.ga.gov
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $32,248.75 – $38,926.79 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Wear masks, sanitize stations available, social distancing practiced.
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Atlanta, GA 30303: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Pharmacy technician experience: 1 year (Preferred)
- Customer service: 1 year (Preferred)
- Pharmacy Technician License (Preferred)
- Pharmacy Technician Certification (Preferred)
Work Location: One location