Location: New York, NY (Hybrid opportunity)
Description: The individual will perform administrative assistant responsibilities such as: answering multiple phone lines, filing documents, client interaction, project work, and assisting attorneys with the production of documents. This position requires defense litigation experience and knowledge of litigation processes, which includes state and federal court filing procedures.
- Provide high level administrative litigation support to multiple attorneys
- Type from draft or transcribe a variety of correspondence, memoranda, and legal forms such as billing letters, retainers, briefs, contracts, etc.
- Ensure documents are appropriately drafted, written, reviewed, edited, proofed, finalized, signed, assembled, distributed, and filed for effective and efficient retrieval
- Respond to a high volume of phone calls; transmit messages accurately and promptly
- Keep accurate and up-to-date case information, contacts and files, including billing records
- Coordinate travel arrangements, securing air, hotel, and care plans for attorneys and clients
- Coordinate meetings and appointments for attorneys and clients including conference room scheduling, meals and preparation of meeting materials
- Utilize new matter business intake program to open new files
- Process check requests and expense reimbursements
- Process incoming and outgoing mail
- Document scanning, profiling and retrieval
- Minimum 5 years of defense litigation experience providing legal administrative support in a law firm is required
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience preferred
- Minimum typing speed 65 wpm
- Must have intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Word, Outlook, PDF-A, Excel and PowerPoint, including advanced skills in the use of TOCs, TOAs and styles
- Experience using traditional and digital methods of dictation
- Must exhibit well-developed interpersonal and client relation skills
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills required
- Notary public helpful
- Military experience welcome
Salary information below will vary depending upon relevant experience for the position, geographic locations and weekly hours schedule. The anticipated weekly schedule for the Administrative Assistant is 35 hours per week.
Harris Beach is committed to an inclusive environment and we welcome applications from diverse candidates. Harris Beach PLLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The firm’s policy prohibiting unlawful discrimination applies to all aspects of employment, including hiring, placement, assignment of duties, training, promotion, compensation & benefits and termination. It is the policy of Harris Beach PLLC that all applicants and employees enjoy a positive, respectful and productive work environment, free from behavior, actions or language constituting unlawful harassment. Accordingly, harassment or discrimination of any kind based on an individual’s race or color, sex, age, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, military status, genetic predisposition, carrier status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, creed, domestic violence victim status or any other legally protected status is strictly prohibited. Harris Beach complies with the provisions of the Human Rights Law, all other State and Federal statutory and constitutional non-discrimination provisions including non-discrimination on the basis of prior criminal conviction and prior arrest.