Do you have experience in Data Quality and Record keeping? Are you detail oriented? If so, we may have an opportunity for you! The SCDMV is currently looking to hire a dynamic Data Specialist to join our team.
This position is located in the Facilities/Imaging / Scanning Division of Headquarters in Blythewood, SC.
Responsibilities Of The Temporary Data Specialist
- Open, sort and verify all incoming mail from all 66 Branch Offices within the State of South Carolina as well as documents received in Headquarters. Verify correct information on enclosed mail check list, making corrections as needed. Log Branch Office information into spreadsheet and scan into folder.
- Uses extreme confidentiality and follows SCDMV Policies & Procedures to ensure all PII is protected.
- Sort mail into appropriate batch class for work prep. Keeps track of errors received from Branch Offices logged in an Excel spreadsheet.
- Prepare all documents for scanning, both internal and external, by removing all paperclips, staples, binder clips, etc. By manual hand prep, as well as a paper jogger, prepare work so that all papers, including smaller papers, have been pulled flush to the top of page.
- Make any copies necessary and create appropriate batch class for scanning by noting type work. Distribute work to appropriate area for scanning.
- Using Kofax software, quality control all Driver Records other Driver Related items scanned documents looking for illegible documents, overlaps, miss-feeds, and merged transactions, as well as verifying information on coversheet is complete and matches supporting paperwork.
- Keeps record of Errors found by logging errors into an Excel spreadsheet.
- As needed, use basic functions of Phoenix to create new coversheets.
- As needed, use Kodak 2070S Low Speed scanner as well as Kofax software, scan South Carolina Traffic tickets and Accident reports.
- Perform other duties as required by management.
Minimum And Additional Requirements
A high school diploma and one (1) year of related job experience. Must be physically able to lift 50 pounds, including opening large boxes of incoming mail and delivering to appropriate sections as well as placing large batches of completed paperwork in large destruction bins and locking them.
- Proficient in basic computer hardware, software, and other office equipment. Ability to prioritize work effectively and efficiently with attention to detail. Has working knowledge of pertinent SCDMV policies and regulations.
- Punctuality and avoidance of excessive absences is required. Must develop and maintain good working relationships with other personnel and be a team player.
- Works under general supervision examining documents.
- Responsible for ensuring accuracy of processing of all SCDMV forms, internally/externally while performing all processes completely to place work in destruction bins.
- Must practice extreme confidentiality in researching customer transactions – following all SCDMV Policies & Procedures.
- Requires sitting for prolonged periods of time and significant time spent at computer terminal. Prolonged periods of standing while sorting paperwork is also required.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, and lift 50lbs.
- May be required to work extended hours outside of the normal scheduled work week.
What’s in it for you?
At the SCDMV you get to be part of exceptional team and diverse culture that nurtures mutual success for our customers, employees and our communities. We give you the tools to be successful; all you need to do is bring your best ideas, your energy and a desire to develop your skills, experience and career.
The South Carolina Department of Motor Vehicles offers an exceptional benefits package for full time employees (FTE) employees.
- Health, dental, vision, long term disability, and life insurance for employees, spouse and children (also available for temporary employees working over 30 hours per week)
- 15 days annual (vacation) leave per year
- 15 days sick leave per year
- 13 paid holidays
- State Retirement Plan and Deferred Compensation Programs (optional for Temporary Employees)
So what are you waiting for? Come be a part of a fast-growing, dynamic agency, and join a team that offers an opportunity for accelerated professional growth!
The Department of Motor Vehicles is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions, including, but not limited, to lactation), national origin, age (40 or older), disability or genetic information.
Supplemental questions are considered part of your official application. Any misrepresentation will result in your disqualification from employment. Please complete the state application to include all current and previous work history and education.