Work type: Full-time
Location: El Centro
Work Schedule: Various Shifts (40 hours per week – some nights & weekends)
Admissions Specialist (FTIC, Special Populations or DC/ECHS)
Job Title Code
Salary Range (Full-Time)
$43,000 – $68,800 (dependent on experience and other considerations)
Admit students to the college for academic and continuing education programs; generate, maintain, and digitize student records according to guidelines as established by district policies, accreditation bodies, state, and federal laws
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge of the purpose of community colleges and the vision of Dallas College.
- Knowledge of the key interactions between the functions of Student Success (Admissions & Registrar) and Academic Affairs (Curriculum & Instruction)
- Experience participating in and supporting change initiatives including knowledge and skill in process improvement, project planning, conflict resolution, team building, customer service, and data-based decision-making concepts.
- General knowledge and experience in working with student success programs.
- Experience with current and emerging technology related to admissions, enrollment, and the registrar function.
- Demonstrated understanding of the educational, cultural, and social needs of a diverse student population.
- An understanding of contemporary issues in higher education is required through professional development activities.
- Demonstrated knowledge of principles of equity and inclusion and a demonstrated commitment to the promotion of diversity.
- Ability to identify, address, and collaborate with other leaders on solutions to barriers preventing a significant portion of our population from having a job that pays a living wage.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing, complex ideas, and information to a variety of diverse stakeholders/constituents within the Dallas College community network related to career and academic requirements.
Normal physical job functions performed within a standard office environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to individuals with physical challenges to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
Minimum Knowledge and Experience
- Associate’s Degree or higher. Official transcripts required.
- Two (2) years of experience in a higher education setting with demonstrated experience in admissions and/or registrar.
- Ability to work extended hours beyond the regular 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. workday especially during heavy registration peak times including nights and weekends.
- ***Will be subject to a criminal background check. Some positions may be subject to a fingerprint check. ***
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Process admissions applications to verify eligibility for admission into Dallas College.
- Properly code and maintain applicant and student data; digitize all original supporting documents and provide guidance to students on required steps to complete admissions process.
- Review and analyze required supporting documents to process actions and
- appropriately update the college’s Student Information System such as but not limited to attendance, change of address, majors and other demographic values that impact state and federal reportable items.
- Verify residency status in accordance with county, state, and federal law requirements; be knowledgeable of and advise students of required supporting documents and
- assign appropriate codes for tuition purposes.
- Provide general information to students regarding a numerous topic including admissions and enrollment, residency, Texas Success Initiative, English as a Second Language programs, International students, and general student services.
- Process student, faculty and administrative initiated course withdrawals, review
- and code withdrawal actions in compliance with federal, state and district
- Perform quality control functions for records involving timely running of reports, reviewing, and analyzing outputs and correcting and updating related data fields in the college’s Student Information System.
- Supports enrollment verification processes for student loan companies, employment screening agencies, and military branches.
- Provide support of admissions and enrollment efforts in collaboration with the entire College community.
- Maintain effective communication between students and faculty within the College and external community stakeholders.
- Ensures that appropriate and timely follow-up is made with applicants as they move through the enrollment process.
- Utilize technology to access data, maintain records, and generate reports and communicate with others.
- Interpret, articulate, and implement a variety of regulations, policies and procedures pertaining to Admissions to ensure compliance with Dallas College, state and federal requirements.
- Supports presentations and workshops promoting Admissions and Enrollment policies and procedures to Dallas College faculty, staff and community organizations.
- Completes required Dallas College Professional Development training hours per academic year.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Incumbents may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Position requires regular and predictable attendance.
Dallas College is part of an equal opportunity system that provides education and employment opportunities without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. Dallas College complies with the Americans with Disabilities and Veterans Act.
Advertised: 19 Sep 2022 Central Daylight Time
Applications close: 3 Oct 2022 11:55 PM Central Daylight Time