Successful Lineman candidate must have knowledge of established aerial cable installation procedures and techniques including the placement of poles and anchors, familiarity with a wide range of tools and equipment, ability to read and understand prints/maps, safety rules, and operating instructions.
- Install and repair aerial telecommunications cable
- Safely use hand tools and equipment such as; wrenches, drills, ladders, lanyards, saws, lashers, climbing hooks, and more.
- Safely operate mechanized equipment such as; bucket trucks, digger derrick, excavators, and more.
- Setting up safety perimeter using signage, cones, safety barriers
- Flagging traffic when required
- Understanding of separation and clearance regulations
- Ability to safely work aloft using climbing hooks and ladders.
- Flexibility to work in multiple locations
- Ability to travel when travel is required.
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Must be able to pass pre-employment background check, motor vehicle check, drug test, and DOT physical exam, resulting in a valid medical card
- Previous construction experience, preferably in the telecommunications industry.
- A valid, unrestricted driver’s license (Commercial driver’s license preferred but not required)
- Knowledge of established aerial cable installation procedures and techniques
- Ability to climb telephone poles and work in a bucket truck and work aloft and climb poles up to 40 feet
- Able to perform all duties in telecommunications construction (such as; pole transfers, maintenance builds, new build, cable installation, over lash, and strand construction)
- Ability to lift, move and maneuver up to 50 lbs regularly and up to 100 lbs as needed.
- Ability to set up & maintain safe work areas
- Ability to work in all weather conditions
- Must be willing to learn and grow with the organization.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $25.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Vision insurance
- 1 year
- 8 hour shift
Must be fully vacinated or have a negative covid test weekly.
- Aerial Fiber: 1 year (Preferred)
- Driver’s License (Preferred)
Work Location: One location