The Alumni & Grant Relations Specialist is responsible for the planning and implementation of programs and projects that strategically engage foundations, alumni and current students in support of the University’s overall development strategy. This position is responsible sourcing and building support from foundations, corporations, and government sources, researching opportunities, understanding funding priorities and cycles, working to establish long-term partnerships and strengthening existing relationships that will result in funding for the immediate and long-term goals of the University.
Position Alumni Functions:
- Implement and oversee alumni engagement strategies that expand the number and range of alumni with the university including Impact Ambassadors and Presidents Alumni Society.
- Communicate with, be a liaison, and manage events and meetings for volunteer leaders within the Alumni Association Council, President’s Society, and all alumni volunteers. Some travel could be required.
- Lead effort to create an alumni directory that all alums may opt into that will include contact information, graduation date, career information, and whether they choose to be a mentor/mentee.
- Ensure annually that alumni information is up to date in the CRM.
- Create a strategic touchpoint schedule for young alums their junior year, senior year, and 5 years after graduation (in addition to the Presidents’ Alumni Society).
- Create a 12-month calendar of engagement for all types of alumni.
- Strengthen alumni networks: professional, cultural, social, geographic, and affinity based
- Develops and maintains collaborative relationships and programs with all school departments and divisions including admissions, college counseling, parents and families, and athletics.
- Maintain a portfolio of alumni donors.
- Prepare monthly report of all visits, funds raised, and progress on asks of current portfolio.
Position Grant Functions:
- Identify corporate and foundation prospects and develop effective solicitation strategies to secure funding for campus priority initiatives.
- Strategically link institution and programmatic initiatives with opportunities for fundraising. Lead or participate in initiatives and workgroups that might result in or impact grant funding.
- Lead conversation on benefits and risks of a particular grant.
- Create a 12-month grant calendar
- Coordinate full grant proposals and reports to foundations.
- Foster the growth and implementation of best practices for all grant-related functions, including proposal-writing, budget development, and data integrity.
- Research and compile pertinent institutional information for projects requiring funding.
- Develop, foster and maximize relationships with institutional and private funders.
- Maintain thorough knowledge of current and planned programs and priority initiatives for the purposes of accurately and persuasively communicating achievements and goals to prospective donors.
- Oversee all grant management functions including fulfilling all funder requirements.
- All other duties as assigned
- Ability to articulate and model the Concordia University Texas mission, vision and values
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3-5 years of experience in alumni relations or fundraising
- Concordia Alumnus and/or LCMS membership strongly preferred
- Experience with leading volunteers
- Experience with CRM/CMS, records management, and email marketing systems
- Experience preferred in successful grant research and writing
- Working knowledge of MS Office products
- Strong organizational skills, ability to set and communicate priorities and meet deadlines
- Ability to monitor progress and track results
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Excellent customer service skills and ability to interact with all levels within the organization and communicate orally and in writing
- Ability to always maintain a professional attitude with external constituents and colleagues
- Requires non-traditional work hours including weekends and evenings
Commitment to the Concordia Mission
Concordia University Texas is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Concordia University Texas empowers students of all backgrounds to lead lives of critical thought, compassionate action and courageous leadership. As a liberal arts university, Concordia develops the mind, heart, soul, and body, preparing leaders for lives of service. As a private, faith-based university, employees must be supportive of our mission. We actively seek candidates who have professional skills, experience, and willingness to strengthen campus diversity, equity, and inclusion in support of our mission as an institution and our strategic plan. To the extent allowed by law, we reserve the right to give preference in employment based upon religion. Concordia does not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, color, age, national origin, disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, and any other basis protected by law.
Job Type: Full-time