Position Title: Business Services Assistant
Reports To: Business Services Administration Supervisor
At Allegacy, theres a common thread that runs through all of us. Its our commitment to doing right and our promise to members to always do the right thing for their wellbeing. Every employee in our organization is accountable to living out our brand in meaningful ways as our promise motivates our beliefs, our behaviors, and the benefits we share together.
This position works directly with Business Services Officers and Members with loan and deposit needs in delivering the mission of Allegacy. The position supports the Business Services department in meeting deadlines and fast changes in priority as needed. The ability to assist in relationship management and interface with members internally and externally is important.
- Guide the loan process from approval through loan closing. This will include direct communications with the members, loan officers, attorneys, appraisal groups, insurance agents, inspectors, loan servicing, as well as others.
- Review Approvals and gather all needed due diligence items, review all documentation, and compile complete loan file.
- Work closely with Loan Servicing for loan documentation for all loan requests.
- Request financial information, pull credit reports, request insurance renewal documents, request document corrections from members, and clearing exceptions.
- Assist in the proper documentation, exception management, and review of accounts.
- Review inspections and loan approvals to ensure proper funding of loan accounts.
- Assist Loan Officers with past due loan accounts and maturing loans by reviewing reports and inquiring with the borrower and loan officers.
- Assist Members with servicing such as loan and account research, new account and membership setup, transactions, and provide solutions to member issues.
- Support the Allegacy mission to broaden Member relationships by helping to identify opportunities with Allegacy partners such SEGs, Investments, Benefit Solutions, Payroll, Treasury Services, Electronic Banking, Payment Systems, and our retail financial centers.
- Work closely with Treasury Services Officer and lender in the set-up, maintenance of accounts and treasury products.
- Completion of all required compliance training to include BSA.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
The Business Services Assistant shall demonstrate knowledge of Business Services type products and services with an emphasis on operating firms, commercial real estate and residential construction loan originations, documentation, and servicing. A working knowledge of compliance, lien recordation, lending laws and regulations, title and hazard insurance, and the jargon involved in all third party reports is recommended. Excellent phone, verbal, and written skills (to include word processing, spreadsheets, power point and data base management) are required. Familiarity with loan documentation programs and servicing will be beneficial.
Education and Experience
- Education Required: High School Education
- Education Preferred: Degree or certificate in business or accounting preferred. Experience may be substituted for formal education.
- Experience Required: Two years of Commercial Lending related experience or two years Allegacy Business Lending related experience.
Job Type: Full-time