****Applicants seeking short-term or part-time work with the University of Hawai’i may apply for Casual Hire positions, which include administrative professional and technical (APT) or Instructional-type positions. Because of the temporary nature of these appointments, Casual Hire employees are not eligible for most benefits as provided to regular BOR and Civil Service employees such as paid leave and holidays. Casual Hire appointments may last for up to 89 days for full-time employees and up to one calendar year for part-time employees.
Title: Casual Hire – Marketing Specialist
Position Number: Casual Hire
Hiring Unit: Chancellor’s Office
Location: Leeward Community College
Date Posted: 09/19/2022
Closing Date: 09/21/2022 11:59 PM, HST
Salary: $30.35/hour – $33.50/hour
Schedule: Up to 40 hours /week
Full Time/Part Time: Full-time
Other Conditions: To begin approximately October 2022
Description of Duties:
- Under the supervision of the Marketing Officer, researches, drafts and finalizes text for electronic and print materials as assigned, including but not limited to copy for web pages, college blogs and marketing collateral.
- Assists with the maintenance of the College online event calendar and various html newsletters.
- Creates, develops and manages content for College’s online presence, including internal and external digital properties such as websites, social media networks and other electronic alternatives like digital signage. Content includes still images (illustrations, photographs, infographics), animation, audio, video, interactive experiences (forms, chat rooms, polls, questionnaires, etc.).
- Designs and produces materials such as promotional collateral, banners, maps, displays, presentations, on-campus signage and way-finding materials.
- Performs basic editing of digital video such as trimming clips, adding audio or text, and inserting transitions, and adapting files to various formats for broadcast and web use.
- Covers campus news, events and campus life as assigned by the supervisor. Coverage may include photography, videography and written descriptions.
- Assignments may be on or off campus and will be used in publications, displays, marketing collateral electronic media, and for public relations distribution.
- Produces press-ready artwork for on-campus duplication or off-campus printing; generates printing specifications and secures printing bids for projects.
- Produces completed jobs from concept to delivery on time and within budget with a high degree of creativity.
- Assignments will include working outside of normally scheduled work hours including day, night, weekend and/or holidays as directed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Possession of a baccalaureate degree in communication, design, marketing, computer science, or related field, with an emphasis on web development, and 3 year(s) of progressively responsible professional experience with responsibilities for web content development, writing and editing, public relations and/or graphic design; or equivalent education/training or experience.
- Considerable working knowledge of principles, practices and techniques in the field of design and communications, and/or social media marketing as demonstrated by the broad knowledge of the full range of pertinent standard and evolving concepts, principles and methodologies.
- Considerable working knowledge and understanding of applicable federal and state laws, rules, regulations and theories and systems associated with design and communications, journalism and/or social media marketing.
- Demonstrated ability to resolve wide ranging complex problems through the use of creative reasoning and logic to accurately determine the cause of the problems and the resolution of the problems in an effective, innovative and timely manner.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external organizations, groups, team leaders and members, and individuals.
- Demonstrated ability to operate a personal computer and apply word processing software.
- Possession of excellent communication skills, with demonstrated ability to write effectively in a variety of styles with exceptional proofreading and editing skills.
- Functional knowledge of and experience with creative applications, such as Adobe Creative Cloud, dealing with image editing, vector graphics, page layout, video/animation, and web development.
- Experience in creating accessible digital material.
- Experience in serving as photographer and preparing images for print, displays and electronic distribution with demonstrated proficiency in digital photography.
- Proficient understanding of the social media platforms including Instagram, YouTube, Flickr, Twitter, SnapChat, Facebook, blogs, etc.
- Functional knowledge web content management systems such as Drupal and WordPress.
- Possession of a valid driver’s license.
- Ability to travel independently in a timely and efficient manner to various locations on Oahu.
- Any equivalent combination of education and/or professional work experience which provides the required education, knowledge, skills and abilities as indicated.
- Ten (10) or more years of progressively responsible professional experience with responsibilities for communications, marketing, media campaigns, and/or public relations.
- Functional knowledge of HTML.
- Ability to use DSLR camera, take and edit photos at professional level of quality.
- Ability to shoot, create and edit videos at professional level of quality.
- Understanding of effective use of social media and content creation that keeps up with the latest trends.
- Ability to create artwork such as drawing and sketches using non-electronic media.
- Ability to plan, design, create and produce finished displays and exhibits at a professional level of competence.
- Demonstrated experience with Macintosh computers and Apple operating systems.
Click on the “Apply” button on the top right corner of the screen to complete an application and attach required documents. Documents include:
- Graduate and undergraduate transcript(s) from a regionally accredited institution of higher education showing degree and coursework to date appropriate to the position (Copies of transcripts are acceptable; however, original official transcripts will be required at the time of hire. Academic record/grade summaries will NOT be accepted. Diplomas and copies will NOT be accepted.). Transcripts issued from an institution outside the United States of America require a course-by-course analysis with an equivalency statement from an agency having membership with the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services, Inc., verifying the degree equivalency to that of an accredited institution within the USA. Expense of the evaluation shall be borne by the applicant.
- Copies of licenses, certificates and certifications appropriate to the position.
Separate documents and application materials must be submitted for each position. Late or incomplete applications will not be considered. The application will be considered incomplete if materials are unreadable. Applications lacking copies of transcripts will be reviewed based on work experience equivalency to meet MQs. Transcripts must be attached to receive credit for degrees(s). Minimum qualifications must be met by the closing date of the advertisement. Please REDACT references to social security numbers and birth date on submitted documents. All requested documents/information become the property of Leeward Community College and will not be returned.
Note: If you have not applied for a position before using NEOGOV, you will need to create an account.
Leeward Community College
Human Resources Office
The University of Hawai’i is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Institution and is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination on the basis of race, sex, gender identity and expression, age, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, genetic information, marital status, breastfeeding, income assignment for child support, arrest and court record (except as permissible under State law), sexual orientation, domestic or sexual violence victim status, national guard absence, or status as a covered veteran.