SIUE’s Head Start/ Early Head Start is seeking dynamic and energetic candidates for a full-time Center Coordinator position at the East St. Louis Discover Center. The SIUE Head Start/Early Head Start program serves more than 860 families and children birth through age five, including children with special needs, throughout St. Clair County and consists of a team of individuals dedicated to making real change that leads to the success of children, families and communities. The program is housed in nine early childhood centers, eight managed directly by SIUE staff, and two collaborations. SIUE’s Head Start program includes a rigorous school readiness program and provides comprehensive services, such as health/dental screenings and family engagement and support activities.
The Center Coordinator is responsible for managing and supervising all staff and activities at the assigned Head Start/Early Head Start center as well as ensuring all aspects of the center’s programming are in compliance with the Head Start Performance Standards. This position will handle various administrative duties such as monthly reports and meetings, make enrollment decisions regarding student entry, and conduct regular case management meetings. The Coordinator, along with the center team, will establish center goals that are in line with the overall program goals and establish program action plans, policies and procedures to ensure excellent service delivery in all areas of the program. To ensure full parent involvement in all aspects of the program, the Center Coordinator will coordinate and attend Parent Committee meetings, arrange and conduct parent trainings, conduct regular case management meetings, and ensure follow-up on child/family health needs.
Additionally, the Center Coordinator supervise and evaluate assigned staff, conduct formal classroom observations, file employment reviews, complete facility inspections and enforce improvement plans based on monitoring visits. Other duties may be assigned within the scope of the professional duties of the role.
This position closes to applicants at 11:59 p.m. CST on the posting end date. Candidates must upload and attach the following documentation to their application package in SIUE’s HireTouch system:
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial academic transcripts, including those for SIUE. All candidates must provide transcripts for educational qualification verification and/or course work assessment
- List of at least three professional references with current contact information
When uploading your required documents, please ensure you attach them to the correct position using the drop-down box to label. Failure to follow this step may keep Hiring Managers from reviewing your materials. Please be sure to complete updated 2022 forms that are attached to the job located under your Applicant Profile box (refresh browser if needed). Incomplete application packages will result in a delay of review and/or non-review. Applicants will be subject to a background check and/or drug screening prior to an offer of employment. NOTE: Some positions may be represented by a union and may incur union dues.
Southern Illinois University Edwardsville nurtures an open, respectful, and welcoming climate that facilitates learning and work. SIUE is committed to education that explores the historic significance of diversity in order to understand the present and to better enable our community to engage the future. Integral to this commitment, Southern Illinois University Edwardsville strives for a student body and a workforce that is both diverse and inclusive. We strongly encourage candidates from historically underrepresented groups, including women, members of racially minoritized groups, and individuals with disabilities, to apply. For more on our Statement of Diversity, visit SIUE Mission, Goals and Plans
- Medical, dental and vision insurance;
- Life insurance;
- SURS retirement plan;
- Supplemental retirement savings plans;
- Paid vacation and sick leave accrual;
- Generous holiday schedule/paid holidays;
- WorkLife programs;
- Employee Assistance Program (mental health and wellness);
- Employee discounts (local and national retailers);
- University tuition waivers (full-time receive 100% waiver of tuition)
For more about our benefits and employee services, visit: https://www.siue.edu/human-resources/benefits
- Bachelor’s degree in early childhood education, child development, or elementary education with an emphasis on early childhood.
- Minimum three (3) years successful supervisory experience in an early childhood program.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, organization, problem solving and interpersonal skills.
- Experience with low income and culturally diverse families preferred.