Primary Purpose of this Position
The primary purpose of this position is to provide direct nursing care to the residents while supervising the nursing activities for the assigned shift
This job description is not inclusive of all duties required, this is only a few of the essential job duties.
- Record all entries on flow sheets, notes, charts, etc., in an informative and descriptive manner.
- Provide licensed nursing care to residents that is consistent with the written plans of care.
- Communicate with primary care physician and members of the comprehensive care planning team regarding the status of residents; follow up on critical labs, order requests and physician notifications.
- Obtain orders to provide essential care to the resident consistent with the resident’s mental and physical status upon admission to the facility.
- Ensure that all residents are treated with dignity, respect and consideration and have the right to exercise their choice and self-determination.
- Ensure that residents are free from physical or chemical restraints imposed for the purposes of discipline or convenience that are not required to treat the residents’ medical symptoms.
- Make periodic checks to ensure that Certified Nursing Assistants (CNAs) are properly administering prescribed treatments and to evaluate the resident’s physical, psychosocial and emotional status.
- Follow established infection prevention and control procedures
- Ensure that nursing services personnel follow established infection prevention and control procedures.
Full job description with risk exposure matrix will be provided at time of onboarding if hired for this position.
Requirements: Nursing Board LPN or RN license
No convictions deemed by the State of Oklahoma as un-licensable or un-hirable