Frankforrt KY 40601 USA
The agency may authorize the selected candidate to telecommute. The agency may terminate or modify the telecommuting arrangement at any time.
If you are looking for a positive work environment, cutting edge laboratory methods and a career where you can make a difference in the environment we live in, then EEC is the cabinet for you. For more information on what our cabinet has to offer, check out our YouTube page https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWSuC43XqlHchYeQ66tP7tg and our Careers page https://eec.ky.gov/Pages/careers.aspx
By joining the Dept for Environmental Protection (DEPS) Organic Branch as a Chemist I in Franklin county, you will have the opportunity to prepare and extract samples for PFAS (Per-and poly-fluorinated alkyl substances) and other organic compounds.
Holders of the Chemist I position will complete tasks such as:
- Preparation and extraction of samples for PFAS for analysis by LC/MS/MS (Liquid Chromatography with tandem mass spectrometers)
- Preparation and extraction of samples for organic analysis by GC (Gas Chromatography), GC/MS (Gas Chromatographhy/Mass Spectrometry), GC/MS/MS (Gas Chromatography with tandem mass spectrometers) and LC/MS/MS (Liquid Chromatography with tandem mass spectrometers)
- Preparation of solutions and standards as required by US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Drinking Water, USEPA Waste Water and USEPA SW (Solid Waste)-846 Hazardous Waste Methods for the extraction and analysis of PFAS and other organic compounds in drinking water, wastewater, groundwater, fish tissue and soil.
- Maintenance and troubleshooting equipment used for the preparation and extraction of samples for analysis of PFAS and other organic compounds.
Desired candidates possess the following requisite skills or experience applicable to the position:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry
EEC provides opportunities for development and upward movement. There is room to grow your skill set as you build your career. Come join our team and make an impact in the future of Kentucky. We look forward to reviewing your application.