Role Description: Kitchen (Culinary) Director
Why does this role exist?
The Kitchen Director is primarily responsible for delivering a top notch experience for all guests who dine at our Chick-fil-A and coaching the behaviors of all Coordinators in Training/Shift Leaders/Team Leaders/Team Members who work in the Kitchen. The Kitchen Director is an active member of the executive leadership team, whose primary role is to ensure the kitchen team is contributing to the success of the overall business.
What exactly should this person accomplish? How do we measure what great performance looks like?
We will know the Kitchen Director is successful upon attaining the following:
- CEM scores (to be measured in 30-day and 90-day increments);
- Taste of Food > 81%
- Speed of Service > 78% o Portion > 73%
- Temperature > 79%
- ROE scores (to be measured in 90-day increments) > 95% or higher
- Positive Food Cost Gap (to be measured on a 30-day increment) < 0.5%
Key Responsibilities and Disciplines
What responsibilities and leading disciplines will drive the key outcomes?
- Co-creates with Director Team for the long-term vision for sales growth and profitability
- Maintains kitchen to stay “Backstage Ready” All Day, Every Day.
- Enforces all team members and team leaders to “clean as they go” to maintain the level of cleanliness Chick-fil-A expects
- Leading and overseeing the coordination of all aspects of kitchen operations
- Ensures customer first and satisfaction mentality at all times
- Engages in immediate problem resolution and short-term plans to correct critical issues
- Drives financial performance and provides feedback to the kitchen and suggests operational actions required to achieve financial targets
- Promotes unity among all team members and leadership through effective and timely communication of vision, weekly events, key elements of business plan, etc.
- Meets weekly with the Director Team to strategize on how to move the kitchen forward
- Shepherds the responsibility of leading and training to help excel them to the next level
- Speaks with one voice to create unity amongst the kitchen team
- Complete the schedule for all Kitchen Team Members
- Completing the End of the Month Inventory Counts
- Responsible for recruiting and filling their position before they can be promoted forward
- Maintains healthy relationships with all levels of leadership
- Coaches and mentors team members to aspire to live out the restaurant’s core values and mission statement
- Ability to speak and communicate intelligently about processes, best practices, and the business
- Servant leader, team oriented, with a passion for people and to deliver top-notch service
- Well organized with excellent verbal, written, and electronic communications skills
- Role model for people to look up to and aspire to be like
- Bachelor’s degree or at least 2 years of solid quick service leadership experience
What skills are required that will drive the key outcomes
- Next Level Leader thinking
- Details to focus on the little things (ex. Follow Pathway 100% 100% of the time)
- Influence to create other leaders around them
- Delegation to achieve results as a team
- Sense of Urgency
- $51,480 – $62,920 (based on $18-$22 per hour @ 50 hours per week).
- Requires 2-3 year commitment
- Access to Health Insurance
- Paid Vacation
- 401k Contributions (after 1 year)
- Access to Scholarships at $2,500 per year
- Sundays Off
- Leadership Development Resources
- Personality Assessment
- Discounts to Restaurants, Stores, Theme Parks, Gyms, Theaters, Hotels, Sporting Events, etc.
- Free Meals
- 90% Food Discount for Family Members
- Positive Work Environment