200 Road To Justice
West Liberty KY 41472 USA
If you are looking for a career in the Department of Corrections that provides for career development, then we may have an opportunity for you!
The Classification & Treatment Officers (CTOs) at Eastern Kentucky Correctional Complex are responsible for the classification of male and female inmates eligible to stay in the county jails including ones that return from shock probation, Mandatory Reentry Supervision (MRS), and parole.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Interview, assess, evaluate and counsel inmates to gather information for assessments.
- Project type and level of custody for controlled intake inmates.
- Review Courtnet.
- Recommend programming based on inmate’s needs
- Complete NICS with appropriate status code.
- Field phone calls from family members, jails, and other outside agencies.
- Serve on classification and adjustment committees.
- Prepare various reports.
- Provide guidance and direction to assist inmates in identifying needs and goals in accordance with individual and institutional requirements.
The ideal candidate for this position will have:
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Communication skills
- Time management
- Computer skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Work well under pressure and be a team