- Directs and manages Tri-County Community Mental Health Center’s adult and children’s outpatient programs across all three counties including all services provided within the clinics as well as other community-based sites.
- Provides clinical consultation. Secures clinical training opportunities for TCCMHC staff.
- Adheres to all Federal, State, and local laws/regulations.
- Ensures all services are provided in a culturally competent manner with respect for patients’ race, gender, beliefs, and sexual orientation.
- Shall comply with the SCDMH’s Compliance Plan and all legal responsibilities and requirements in performing their job duties.
- Provides oversight and direction for Intensive Community Treatment, Individual Placement and Support, Mobile Crisis, Hospital Liaison, and Highway to Hope by supervision of these programs’ ongoing development and implementation.
- Provides direct supervision to the staff responsible for this programming. Serves as the Center’s Mobile Crisis Supervisor.
- Serves as a key member of the Center’s Center for Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facility’s (CARF) team.
- Recommends program changes and implements policies and procedures of the Center.
- Involved in development of quality improvement strategies as well as their implementation.
- Serves on Management Team and Leadership Works to maintain the Center’s reputation as a source of quality mental health care in the communities served.
- Monitors and enhances the Center’s referral process to increase access and provide timely responses with appropriate information to referral sources.
- Performs in-service training in the community on mental health as needed and requested.
- In collaboration with the Director of Administration, provides recommendations related the utilization of the Center’s crisis funds and community housing funds.
- Serves as the Center’s Child, Adolescent, and Family Coordinator.
- Manages out of home placements for children requiring a more intensive level of care.
- Supervises the School Mental Health Liaison.
- Performs other related duties as required or assigned.
Minimum and Additional Requirements
State Minimum Requirements: A bachelor’s degree and relevant program experience.
Agency Minimum Requirements: A master’s degree in guidance, counseling, the social sciences, or related field and three (3) years of clinical experience. Must have a valid driver’s license.
Knowledge of an agency’s mission, programs and objectives. Knowledge of management principles. Knowledge of an agency’s organizational structure, the people who manage the work and the processes applicable to government work. Ability to interpret and apply rules and regulations. Ability to manage work and provide guidance to employees. Ability to make presentations and prepare reports. Ability to make decisions based upon experience and sound judgment. Ability to apply applicable guidelines as required.
The South Carolina Department of Mental Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity Agency. We provide affirmative action and equal opportunity in employment for all qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex – including the basis of pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions, national origin, age, religion, or disability.
Tri-County Community Mental Health Center is one of 16 Community Mental Health Centers within the SC Department of Mental Health. This position provides State and Agency benefits, including:
- Health, vision, and dental insurance for employee and family
- An attractive leave policy in addition to State Holidays
- Free licensure supervision
- Extensive training opportunities in evidence-based treatments and best practices
- Opportunities to participate in research and grant-funded programs
- Membership in a multi-disciplined team of professionals
- Cutting-edge technology used in the delivery of behavioral health treatment
- Collaboration with health care organizations, institutions of higher learning, other state agencies, school districts, and other Community Mental Health Centers
Tri-County CMHC is also an approved site of the National Health Service Corps, (NHSC), which offers student loan repayment of up to $50,000 to employees of NHSC-approved sites. You must be a US citizen, you must be licensed to practice independently in the state where you are hired, and you must have unpaid government or commercial school loans. There is a two year service commitment required as well. Confirmation of qualifying for this loan repayment program is the responsibility of every applicant – we cannot guarantee your qualification.
Apply now on our Careers Website: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/sc/jobs/3837888/clinical-services-chief
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $63,707.00 – $117,870.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
The South Carolina Department of Mental Health is recognized as a licensed hospital system, thus, may require employees to be fully vaccinated as a condition of employment, subject to an approved exemption.
- Master’s (Required)
- Clinical: 3 years (Required)
- Driver’s License (Required)
Work Location: One location