Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City
ABOUT THE COMPANY
As a part of the nation’s central bank, the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City supports a stable financial system. We work across diverse communities throughout our region and nation to foster understanding in our economy, the payments system, and financial institutions for people from all walks of life.
Together, we serve the public and each other in an innovative environment that values the highest ethical standards. Here you’ll find support to develop, united in a clear and common purpose with a diverse team.
We are seeking cloud engineers to join one of our agile software delivery teams working in Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud environments. These collaborative teams create services using a wide range of technologies like Java, Angular, Python, Docker, Kubernetes, and Blockchain plus AWS technologies like S3, API Gateway, EMR, Kinesis, Lambda, EKS, SQS, Aurora, DynamoDB, and many more.
If the collaborative, modern environment described above sounds exciting to you and you possess foundational knowledge about the end-to-end process of delivering, we invite you to apply to become part of our growing team of cloud engineers.
- Applies the principles of software engineering to the design, implementation, configuration, and optimization of solutions in support of cloud-native services and cloud-based applications.
- Demonstrates technical skill in at least one programming general purpose language (Java, Python, etc.) and domain specific language (HTML, SQL, proprietary vendor language, etc.), as needed.
- Partners with customers and peers in the pursuit of solutions that achieve business goals through an agile software development methodology that emphasizes collaboration, communication, interactions, adaptability, innovation and outcomes.
- Provides on-call support and troubleshooting as teams align with DevOps culture and “run what they build”.
- Bachelor’s degree specializing in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics), or a closely related field, from an accredited college or university, or equivalent combination of directly related education and/or experience.
- Typically requires at least three to ten years of relevant and progressive information technology experience directly related to architecture, design, and development of software solutions, ranging in complexity from department-class to enterprise-class. New team members will be hired into the software engineer job family according to skills and experience.
- At a minimum, successful applicants should possess an intermediate understanding of Industry software development methodologies, standards and architecture frameworks.
- Proficiency in automated testing and the use of modern CI/CD pipelines using DevOps tooling (e.g. Git, Bitbucket, Bamboo, GitLab, Maven, Nexus, Fortify, Sonar, etc.) is required.
- Experience implementing cloud-native microservices in AWS cloud environments is strongly preferred.
- Proficiency in Agile software development principles is required.
- Passion for technology with a proven willingness to continuously embrace learning in order to meet the ever changing technical landscape
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Able to effectively communicate with technical and non-technical teammates during agile ceremonies and pair programming sessions.
- Continuously improves processes and contributes to innovation.
- Aligns with customer needs and seeks to understand the business in order to pursue business outcomes.
- Adept at solving problems and able to analyze details while concurrently adopting a big picture view, with an inclination for simple, re-usable solutions.
- Strong interpersonal skills. Develops strong partnerships and relationships with team members, remaining positive to promote a collaborative and team environment.
- United States citizenship is required for this position.
- “Incumbent must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless the Bank grants an accommodation based on a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief.”
- This position has additional screening requirements due to the information accessed while preforming the job. These additional screenings would be initiated at the time of offer acceptance and can take up to a couple of months to be completed. You can begin work before the screening is completed; however, continued employment is contingent on acceptable screening results. The areas screened may include education/employment verification, criminal history, credit history, and reference checks.
- The primary desired work location for this position is Kansas City. We offer employees the flexibility to work from home up to 80 percent of the time, depending on specific team needs. Also considering full time remote candidates.
Full Time / Part Time
Regular / Temporary
Job Exempt (Yes / No)
First (United States of America)
The Federal Reserve Banks believe that diversity and inclusion among our employees is critical to our success as an organization, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. The Federal Reserve Banks are committed to equal employment opportunity for employees and job applicants in compliance with applicable law and to an environment where employees are valued for their differences.