ASSISTANT VICE PRESIDENT, OH & CNO, ADVANCED REHABILITATION
Reports To: VP, OH Med Rehab Inst (OHMRI)
Serves as the Chief Nurse executive for an assigned Hospital or Company within Orlando Health. Provides leadership and coordinates activities, processes, and policies resulting in high quality patient care for nursing department and other assigned clinical operation departments. Works closely with the Vice President of Nursing for Orlando Health to provide leadership and direction in accord with the organization’s mission and values and nursing’s core mission, vision, and values.
- Facilitates and supports an interdisciplinary team approach to the overall delivery of care to patients, families, and the community.
- Creates an environment of collaboration to promote excellence in clinical care.
- Ensures the vision and the advancement of the profession of nursing.
- Leads the effort to implement the model for patient care delivery.
- Accountable for the delivery of patient care by ensuring consistency in the standard of practice across clinical settings.
- Ensures the development, implementation and evaluation of policies, programs and services that are evidence- based and consistent with professional standards and values.
- Services as primary liaison to the medical staff regarding clinical issues in the assigned facility.
- Collaborates with physician leaders, administrative team(s) and other key stakeholders to meet, monitor and improve the quality of care and regulatory requirements.
- Collaborates with other Chief Nursing Officers to support the goals of Orlando Health Nurse Executive Council and accepts assignments at the organization level.
- Promotes rehabilitation nursing philosophy and practice, encourages staff development, including acquisition of CRRN for qualified registered nurses.
- Assumes operational responsibility as directed by or in the absence of the President or Vice President of Orlando Health.
- Plans, leads, organize, direct, and evaluate patient care/nursing services. Key components of this leadership role include the development and articulation of the vision and strategic direction for the practice of nursing and collaboration with all levels of customers on the implementation of strategies.
- Participates in the planning, implementation and evaluation of clinical programs and services; advises the Vice President (s), President (s), medical staff and others concerning implications of decisions and impact on the quality of patient care, nursing practice and nursing care providers.
- Accountable for strategic and tactical planning and direction for nursing service in collaboration with the Vice president of Nursing. This includes the provision of resources and coordination to ensure successful planning and implementation of initiatives and processes to meet objectives.
- Collaborates with administrative team(s) to plan for future development and growth and to meet the goals set by the Orlando Health Board of Directors.
- Represents and advocates for nursing at the facility, the organizational and the community level.
- Accountable for the development of strategies to promote the recruitment, retention, and recognition of excellence in nursing.
- Accountable for the measurement, assessment, and improvement in patient and organizational outcomes.
- Assures a professional nursing practice environment in which registered nurses are empowered to provide effective, efficient, safe, and compassionate quality care. Nursing trends will be evaluated at the facility, organizational and national level and appropriate responses will be implemented.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develops and approves the organization, budget, and staffing for the provision for nursing and other assigned clinical operations departments.
- Participates in Orlando Health’s strategic planning for nursing and Orlando Health’s Nurse Executive Council.
- Demonstrates knowledge of legal issues related to clinical services, and manages situations to reduce risk to patients, staff, and organization.
- Establishes and maintains an open and positive working relationship with the medical staff, and other hospital nursing leaders.
- Participates in any contract or negotiations which would affect nursing services as assigned.
- Participates in evaluating, selecting, and integrating health care technology and information management systems that support service needs.
- Collaborates with the Chief Quality Officer and the administrative team to set the vision for quality improvement, regulatory compliance, and all aspects of patient care that tie into Orlando Health overall strategic plan. Supports Orlando Health’s commitment to patient safety and best practice environment
- Establishes processes to ensure management succession.
- Initiates and builds relationships outside the organization (government and community leaders, medical community, and public relations) as appropriate.
- Establishes and maintains philanthropic relationships with potential donors and Board members.
- Serves on Orlando Health’s committees or community boards as required.
- Establish and maintains excellence in customer service for all patients utilizing appropriate tools available.
- Performs other duties as required or assigned by the Vice president of Nursing or hospital President.
Other Related Functions
- Personal qualities of integrity, maturity, and flexibility, coupled with high levels of energy and resourcefulness.
- Well-developed written and oral communication skills.
- A Bachelor’s in Nursing from an accredited school of nursing. Master’s Degree in Nursing and/or master’s in business or related field.
- Maintains current RN licensure in the State of Florida.
- National specialty certification preferred. CRRN certification preferred or obtain within 1 year of eligibility.
- Current BLS certification; ACLS preferred.
- Five years of clinical nursing experience required. Rehabilitation nursing experience preferred.
- Three years of progressive responsibility experience in leadership or management required. To include experience in leading patient care providers, creating a vision for patient care and being an advocate for caregivers while achieving organizational goals.
- Experience in quality management, medical management, administration, operational finance, and leadership required.
- Experience in building strategic relationships with community leaders and physicians required.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Relocation assistance
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
Work Location: One location