Open Positions: 2
Department: AM Bartender
Division: Boat Club
The Lodge at Whitefish Lake, an award-winning AAA Four Diamond Waterfront Resort, is currently recruiting for AM & PM Cocktail Servers. This is a great opportunity to be a part of an all-star restaurant team creating World-Class guest experiences.
The Lodge at Whitefish Lake offers full time, year-round employment, competitive compensation, and a full benefits package including paid holidays, paid time off, insurance, and company discounts in Whitefish, Montana’s premier leisure and outdoor activity destination on the shores of Whitefish Lake.
If this sounds of interest to you, we’d love to get to know you!
The Pool Cocktail Server role is to create the finest experiences for our guests, provide exceptional service, create a connection with guests and coworkers to build an environment of warmth, energy, teamwork and professionalism.
Main Duties And Responsibilities
- Maintain a professional image
- Maintain professional working relationships
- Collect payment for food and beverage services
- Follow company cash handling and accounting procedures
- Provide exceptional customer service
- Maintain excellent product knowledge, including the ability to recommend and guide guests in selecting beverage and food items
- Must be able to maintain composure and effectiveness in a busy, fast paced environment
- Must be able to manage multiple guest tabs throughout the pool area while maintaining order accuracy and timeliness
- Notify manager of unhappy or unruly guest
- Perform all opening, side work, and closing duties accurately and completely
- Maintain a clean workspace and keep workspace clean and organized
- Assist managers, chefs, bartenders, and other servers as directed or needed
- Understand proper food storage and sanitation procedures
Knowledge, Skills And Abilities
Requirements and Core Competencies – SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITY
- Must be organized and detailed oriented.
- Must be punctual and arrive at work on time and in accordance with posted schedule
- Must have POS system competency
- Must have current Montana TIPS certification
- Ability to carry a tray of food and/or drinks through a busy dining space
- Able to hear guest orders and needs amidst loud background noise
- Should have strong multitasking abilities in a busy work environment
- Learn and maintain full knowledge of menu items
- Follows and responds to management instructions and directions
- Must be a team player and balance team and individual responsibilities
- Desire to provide phenomenal guest experiences, a passion for quality, and attention to detail
- Strong communication skills with the ability to develop relationships and foster cooperation
- Maintain expected level of appearance and hygiene consistent with Averill Hospitality standards. Should come to work every day neat, clean and well groomed
FREQUENCY KEY: Rare- Up to 1 hour, Occasional- 1 to 3 hours, Frequent 3 to 6 hours, Constant- 6 to 8 hours
PHYSICAL ACTIVITY FREQUENCY
Walking, climbing stairs Constant
Near Vision Constant
Far Vision Constant
Lifting/Carrying up to 30 lbs. Constant
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, talk or hear, taste or smell. The employee is occasionally required to stand, sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls and reach with hands and arms.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.