The Communications Dispatcher is responsible for receiving and clearly disseminating vital, safety related information on both roadways, to all interested parties, both Authority employees and external agencies and individuals.
Performs two-way multi channel communications dispatching duties for the entire length of the roadway, with the goal of maximizing the safety of the traveling public at all times. Dispatches Authority Maintenance, Operations, and other departmental staff and equipment to the location required. Coordinates the communications with contractual safety services, such as wreckers and hazardous materials responders in emergency situations.
- Maintains an accurate and up-to-date knowledge of both roadways to enable the timely delivery of emergency services assets. Communications with all Authority contracted garages, contract tire services, contract road service, and courtesy patrols to arrange for towing and service of disabled vehicles from Authority property.
- Operates Authority equipment, including, but not limited to, telephones, radio broadcast, and computer input/output devices in an efficient, correct, professional and safe manner.
- Keeps all related logs, records and other related correspondence updated at all times.
- Performs any and all other related duties as assigned by supervision
RESPONSIBILITY FOR RELATIONSHIPS:
Establishes and maintains cooperative working relationships with all employees of the Authority. Represents the Authority in a positive and professional manner in all dealings with external agencies, contractors and all other individuals. Maintains professional demeanor even in high stress emergency and weather situations.
1. High School graduate equivalency. Preference will be given for additional course work in Communications and/or technical related field.
2. Two years experience as a fire, police or ambulance dispatcher.
3. Clear and concise communications skills including voice quality.
4. Ability to operate in a high stress environment in a 24 hour/day coverage schedule.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $27.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- On call
- Weekend availability
- Dispatching: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location