The purpose of this position is to assist the Directors of the Planning Office and Redevelopment Authority with development of initiatives across Clearfield County. Including plan development and reviews, assistance with preparing and administering a variety of federal, state, and local grants to implement County redevelopment and planning priorities in order to provide for the growth and revitalization of the County.
· Provides detailed and cursory reviews of subdivisions and land development for various municipalities within the community. Researches and provides recommendations on ordinances and changes to existing ordinances.
· Assists in implementing community development plans.
· Prepares grant applications. Administers and monitors grants and all expenditures associated with the grants. Ensures compliance with grant regulations.
· Provide reviews and comments on various permit applications, proposed projects and grant applications as requested by various federal and state agencies for land use consistency.
· Prepare and monitor priority list of highway and bridge projects for PA DOTS 12- year transportation plan.
· Oversees the development of county studies and comprehensive plan updates.
· Serves on advisory boards providing technical assistance and recommendations for regional, state and federal planning and development projects, plans and modules. Prepares and provides presentations and training opportunities on planning issues within the community.
· Assist with a variety of state and federal grant applications and administers awarded grant contracts including CDBG, HOME, HAP, PHARE, and others.
· Works with municipalities to develop project plans for both departments.
· Supervises implementation of CDBG, HOME and PHARE project plans; inspects project sites and interviews project employees; maintains all project files according to required regulations and retention criteria.
· Conducts and facilitates meetings with contractors, developers, municipalities and citizens; attends other meetings as assigned.
· Prepares a monthly report to the Planning Commission and Redevelopment Authority.
· Performs other related functions as assigned or required.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $53,211.00 – $59,393.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: One location