LOAN PROCESSOR & SERVICING SPECIALIST
Reports to: Lending Manager
Pay Range: $17.50/HR starting pay DOE plus possible monthly/quarterly incentives
Classification: Non-Exempt – Full time
Note: Statements included in this description are intended to reflect, in general, the duties and responsibilities of this position and are not to be intended as being all inclusive. Nothing in this job description is intended to be or should be construed as a contract of employment, expressed or implied.
Primary Purpose of Job: Process indirect loan (CUDL) loan packets, perfect and manage title work and assist loan officers in preparing loan documents, ensures accuracy and completeness of loan packets and provides loan servicing support. Other duties, as assigned.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reviews, evaluates, funds and process Credit Union Direct Lending loans.
- Creates appropriate loan documents for approved loans and arranges for member signature.
- Funds/Posts loans in loan origination system.
- Work together with Sales, Service and Support staff to create a collaborative work environment and create a positive member experience.
- Regular attendance is an essential requirement for this position. Must have flexibility with weekly work schedule to fit the needs of the loan department – some Saturdays required.
- Comply with all CU regulatory and compliance policies, including BSA, AML, OFAC and MIP processes and procedures.
- Files loan and support documents in member file folders and cleans up closed files
- Process and mail lending notices/letters such as: Indirect (CUDL) adverse action notices, HELP loan renewal letters, loan coupons, unpaid interest letters, etc.
- Independently review and complete assigned work from weekly and monthly reports including: Closed Loans, title work, audit, imaging, and others as assigned.
- Proactively work with loan department staff to assure timely, accurate and friendly communication about loan requests.
- Assist member with extra warranty claim filing and insurance payoffs.
- Works to ensure the loan department maintains high functioning efficiency.
- Assists branches to ensure correct paperwork is completed and prepared.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities desired:
Typically, entry level, pay rate depends on experience. High School diploma or equivalent. Effective communication skills, and the ability to work successfully with the public in a frequently stressful environment. Experience in sales, customer/member service, cash handling and a good math/business aptitude. Employees of GNWFCU must possess mobility and stamina to work in a standard office setting. Employee must be able to use standard office equipment. At times some employees may have to lift items up to 30 pounds. Part of the job requirements may include the need to stand or sit for long periods of time. Some employees may need the ability to raise their arms above their head.
Employees should have adequate hearing and speech to communicate with our members and/or staff on the phone or in person. This statement is not all inclusive of the physical requirements but is in general, covering most areas of the credit union. GNWFCU will make every effort to provide reasonable accommodations to an employee with a physical, mental or sensory disability in order to allow that employee to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
The above information on this job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this job. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all job duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Aspects of this position may be changed or supplemented from time to time, at the sole discretion of management.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $36,400.00 – $42,640.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
All Members and staff, at this time are practicing distancing and cleaning when possible and may use a mask if needed.
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Aberdeen, WA 98520: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Customer service: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location