- Monitoring contract performance and compliance in accordance with the contract requirements, policies, and procedures. Maintaining monthly reporting to prime contractors and the Government as required by individual contracts and subcontracts.
- Collaborating with Edgewater’s Client Services Department in evaluating contract performance to determine the necessity for amendments, funding modifications, compliance to contractual obligations, extensions of contracts, and the processing of those changes.
- Supporting the preparation and management of all Edgewater contracts, subcontracts, Non-Disclosure Agreements, Teaming Agreements, Contractor Teaming Arrangements, and any other contract related documentation.
- Develop and negotiate NDAs and TAs (to supplement other entities within the Contracts Department).
- Prepare RFPs tailored to specific requirements; evaluate subcontractor proposals, develop negotiation strategy in concert with Program Managers, and lead negotiations; cost/price analyses.
- Review proposals, negotiate prices, select or recommend subcontractors and suppliers, approves payment, and maintain necessary records.
- Prepare Subcontracts of low, medium, and high complexity.
- Work with different subcontract types (FFP, T&M, Cost Plus, and hybrids), modify subcontracts and exercises options, terminate, and closes out subcontracts.
- Develop award files to meet with company and Government policies and regulations.
- Assess risk and initiate action to mitigate risk at all phases of subcontract formation, performance, and close-out.
- Monitor subcontractor performance and initiate corrective action if performance falters; execute contract modifications in response to changing requirements; and perform close-out activities.
- Support proposal efforts as required.
- Initiate and negotiate various supplier/subcontractor agreements.
- Provide advice and support in developing Statements of Work (SOW); source selection criteria and performing source selections.
- Provide guidance on financial and contractual matters pertaining to contracts.
- Author and update Subcontract documentation to include Subcontract Agreements, Modifications, Notices of Intent, Insurance documentation, Task Orders, Work Orders, exhibits, labor and material charts, and flow downs.
- Provide administrative assistance to Project Managers and Client Services leads.
- Setup and manage contracts and Service Maintenance Agreements, and Work orders.
- Prepare change orders, purchase orders, subcontracts, and job cost transmittals.
- Maintain accurate records by updating electronic files and/or software to monitor and record project documents.
- Prepare project information, reports and filings required to close the job.
- Compile, distribute and file customer contract packets.
- Assist in collection efforts as needed and inform billing department of the necessary billing adjustments.
- Assist estimators as needed in preparation of bid packages.
- Assist in other areas as needed.
- Must be able to obtain a U.S. Government Q or Top Secret (TS) security clearance.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in a federal contracting / subcontracting environment.
- A minimum of bachelor’s degree in a related field (or an equivalent combination of experience and training).
- Experience with FAR Part 16 (Contract Types) to include Firm-Fixed-Price (FFP), Time and Materials (T&M), Indefinite Delivery and Indefinite Quantity (IDIQ), and Cost Reimbursement Contracts to include Cost Plus Fixed Fee (CPFF) contract types.
- Experience maintaining records required for Federal reviews.
- Strong competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Excellent organizational, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Attention to detail, time management skills, and the ability to multi-task.
- Must be an active learner with a “can do” positive attitude.
- Knowledgeable in US Government clearances, badging compliance, and regulations.
Edgewater Federal Solutions is a privately held government contracting firm located in Frederick, MD. The company was founded in 2002 with the vision of being highly recognized and admired for supporting customer missions through employee empowerment, exceptional services, and timely delivery. Edgewater Federal Solutions is ISO 9001, 20000-1, 27001 certified, appraised at CMMI Level 3 Maturity for Development and Services, and has been named in the Top Workplaces in the Greater Washington Area Small Companies for 2018 through 2022.
It has been and continues to be the policy of Edgewater Federal Solutions to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, and/or other status protected by applicable law.