200 Road To Justice
West Liberty KY 41472 USA
Do you want to advance your career in Criminal Justice? Look no further! The Kentucky Department of Corrections is seeking applicants who are up for a new challenge. The Correctional Sergeant is essential to the operation of a correctional institution. Providing training and direction to Correctional Officers and inmates by utilizing experience with custody, security, and safety measures.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Supervises correctional officers in maintaining custody and control of inmates
- Supervises and conducts periodic inmate counts
- Conducts searches of inmate persons, packages, and cells for contraband
- Responds appropriately in emergency situations
- Completes investigations to include disciplinary reports, grievances, theft reports, or any other investigation assigned
- Ensures reports are completed in a timely manner
- Completes evaluations on employees
The ideal candidate for this position will have strong observation skills, strong communication skills, leadership abilities, ability to work under pressure, establish teamwork, and possess decision-making skills.