Please click this link to apply directly: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/iowa/jobs/3806091/correctional-trades-leader?keywords=licensed%20practical%20nurse%20(lpn)&page=2&pagetype=jobOpportunitiesJobs
- Leads offender work crew in performing related tasks.
- Trains the offenders in the work to be performed including skill, safety, equipment operation, cleanup and facility rules and policies.
- Selects the proper technique for repairs and application of materials using experience and research.
- Repairs, installation, new construction in general carpentry to plaster, wood and sheetrock walls and ceilings, concrete floors, wood trim, doors, windows, signs, furniture, appliances, office equipment, and facility equipment.
- Performs preventive maintenance on campus-wide grounds and buildings interior and exterior, including parking lots.
- Sets up work to be done at various heights applying proper safety techniques. Includes assembly of scaffolding, ladder usage, heavy equipment use of bucket trucks and mobile lifts and platforms, power equipment such as sanders, saws, nail guns, skid steer, concrete equipment as needed.
- Maintains equipment assigned to the department by cleaning, repairing, performing preventive maintenance, and oversight of chemical program.
- Maintains tools according to tool control policy.
- Maintains proper amount of consumable material on hand and prepares orders to receive material and tools needed for the tasks assigned.
- Performs maintenance work in other areas alone and assisting CTLs with work as needed in the areas of electrical, masonry, carpentry, plumbing and mechanical tasks.
- Operates snow and ice removal equipment including snow plows, salt and sand spreaders and shovels.
- Fills in for boiler operators on an as-needed basis. This will have shifts variable at times along with days off.
Minimum Qualification Requirements
Experience equal to four years of full-time work in one or more of the recognized building (e.g., carpentry, painting, plumbing/pipefitting, electrical and masonry) and mechanical/repair (e.g., air conditioning/ heating, auto mechanics, upholstery, and welding) trades;
an equivalent combination of education and experience, substituting thirty semester hours of post high school education from an accredited college or university with major course work in a recognized building and mechanical trade for each year of the required experience;
employees with current continuous experience in the state executive branch that includes one year of full-time experience as a Furniture Upholsterer, Mason, Maintenance Repairer, Carpenter 1 or 2, Painter 1 or 2, Plumber 1 or 2 and Welder.
Additional Qualification Requirements
Within a period of time, as determined by the appointing authority, persons in this class may be required to obtain a license to perform electrical work in accordance with Chapter 103, Iowa Code
Designated positions in this job class require applicants to obtain the required commercial driver’s license and endorsements within a period of time as determined by the appointing authority at the time of hire.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $49,088.00 – $64,084.80 per year
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
Work Location: One location