Growing Small Firm looking to add another attorney to assist with new and ongoing cases. We are looking for a full-time criminal defense attorney needed to handle traffic and criminal misdemeanors primarily in Wake County, but in surrounding counties as needed.
- Independently managing cases from beginning to end.
- Daily court appearances, negotiating with prosecutors, and eventually trials would be expected.
- Handling calls from prospective clients to closing cases in court.
- Complete all forms accurately and in a timely manner.
- Gather, track, and manage supporting documentation and case files.
- Maintain, and update client files.
- Determine legal strategies.
- Conduct legal research.
- Write motions, briefs, and other court documents to support client’s case.
- Make arguments in court.
- Experience always a plus, but training provided – newly licensed encouraged to apply.
- Must be organized, able to work under time constraints, comfortable in the courtroom, outgoing personality, and ability to work independently.
We are looking for a self-starter who is passionate about and committed to building a career in Criminal Defense. Flexible work schedule and environment. There are opportunities to expand to Family law or Personal Injury law in the future.
Spanish a plus ++++++
– ABA approved law school degree
– NC law license – Must be a member in good standing of the North Carolina Bar
– Driver’s License
We are an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants equally without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability status.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $45,000.00 – $85,000.00 per year
- Flexible schedule
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Raleigh-Durham, NC: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Bachelor’s (Required)
- NC Bar License (Required)
Work Location: One location