Faculty member to provide instruction in assigned courses. Courses may be seated, synchronous, asynchronous, or hybrid. Maintain accurate records (such as attendance, grades, documentation for accreditation, etc.) and submit any corresponding reports according to departmental or college guidelines. Responsibilities also include active participation in departmental work on curriculum design, assessment, and andragogy/pedagogy. This is a 9-month teaching position that requires your presence on campus for teaching responsibilities, office hours, and any other required departmental/college-wide activities. Teaching assignments will be for day, evening, and/or weekend classes. Classes will be assigned at on-campus and off-campus teaching sites (e.g., high school locations) in addition to online environments. Serve on various campus committees and/or as an advisor for student organizations. Teaching schedules may include day or evening depending on course offerings.
This is a full time, 9 month position. 2-year grant funded position.
- Salary: $60,000 annually.
This position is open until filled.
Maintain a high-level of commitment to training and advancing excellent cybersecurity professionals with a focus on reducing cyber vulnerabilities and risks locally and nationally.
Responsible for the preparation, delivery, and evaluation of academic courses including preparing lectures and teaching students in classroom and lab environments, evaluating and grading student tests and assignments, fostering student success and completion, making recommendations for updating course design and/or syllabi as needed, and following established instructional procedures and protocols.
Conduct assigned classes of instruction in the best manner to achieve student learning; present information, ideas, and skills in ways which are appropriate to a variety of learning styles and which show sensitivity to a diverse student population.
Provide students with the approved course syllabus and relate instruction and evaluation to that syllabus.
Evaluate achievement with timely interim and final performance evaluations and assign grades which reflect College policy and the achievement of course objectives as stated in the syllabus.
Maintain a high-degree of flexibility to be accessible and accommodate student needs, which may require meetings outside of scheduled classroom or office time consultations to accommodate student needs.
Maintain instructional quality and effectiveness through constant and timely revisions of programs and course syllabi within the assigned content area.
Maintain class records and submit required reports in a timely manner.
Stay up-to-date on latest technology and instructional knowledge, skills, and abilities through professional development or coursework.
Attend and otherwise participate in scheduled Department, School, and College meetings and participate in graduation.
Maintain a working knowledge and use of technology systems such as Blackboard, Web Attendance, and accessibility software
Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree from a nationally accredited institution in Information Technology or related field, or Associates degree in Information Technology/related field plus experience and certifications, that would be equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree.
- Must be Cisco CCNA certified, or obtain this certification within 12 months from hire date.
- Academic teaching experience required with community college teaching experience preferred.
- Online teaching experience using Blackboard learning management system preferred.
- At least one year of work experience in cyber-security or related IT information security position preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal and collaborative skills, and the ability to work under pressure in emergencies and communicate cyber security and risk-related concepts to colleagues required.
- General understanding of industry standards and requirements for information security management, state and federal statutes, and third-party security assessments.
- Demonstrated experience in Internet and network security products and platforms, including intrusion detection, intrusion prevention, incident response, vulnerability assessments, and penetration testing.
- Demonstrated knowledge of information security ale1is, threat trends, and intrusion analysis malware, anomalous behavior, forensic research, and incident response protocols.
- Eligibility to obtain and maintain a Division of Criminal Investigation (DCI) ce1iification required. In addition to the standard background check, this position requires having a clear fingerprint-based criminal records search through the State Bureau of Investigation (SBI).
- Security+, CEH or equivalent certification preferred.
- Experience with firewalls, ACLs, and endpoint security preferred.
- Experience with one or more of the following: Python, C#, PHP, Drupal, SQL, and/or Java preferred.
- Experience with one or more of the following: Cloud application platforms, Microsoft 365, SharePoint, IIS preferred.
Frequent walking, standing, and sitting for prolonged periods of time.
Frequent communications, verbal and written.
Light work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
Classroom environment; work closely with others.
Office environment, exposure to computer screens.
Class specifications are intended to present a descriptive list of the range of duties performed by employees in the class. Specifications are not intended to reflect all duties performed within the job.
All advertised positions are contingent upon funding.
All employees are paid by direct deposit.
Copies of all unofficial degree transcripts, including coursework completed and degree conferred, must be provided during the on-line application process. Official transcripts are required to be forwarded to the CVCC Human Resources Office upon hire.
Additional full-time employment benefits are included within the “Personnel and Employment” section of the CVCC Policy Manual.