The Salvation Army Mission:
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
Kroc/Divisional Mission Statement: In keeping with the mission of The Salvation Army, The Ray and Joan Kroc Corps Community Center provides facilities, programs and services that strengthen, encourage, and enrich children, adults, and seniors through positive life-changing experiences.
The Dance Instructor will be responsible for teaching dance classes, developing curriculum and assessments, and establishing collaborative partnerships within the community.
Essential Job Duties:
This job description should not be interpreted as all inclusive. It is intended to identify the essential functions and requirements of the position. Other job related responsibilities and tasks may be assigned. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
- Responsible for teaching dance classes.
- Effectively design and implement curriculum, assessment rubrics, and lesson plans for each course taught. A record and summary of activities must be provided to the Kroc Fine Arts Director on a regular basis.
- Develop and implement ongoing collaborative partnerships for dance programming with schools and organizations.
- Required to actively participate in the recruitment and outreach efforts set forth by the Fine Arts Director.
- Required to attend assigned staff meetings.
- Willing to teach additional classes and workshops as needed.
The requirements listed below are representative of the minimal education, experience, skills, and/or abilities required for this position.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Dance preferred, or equivalent qualified performance experience.
- Three years required, five years preferred of teaching experience.
- Provide a record of dance performance experience.
- Evidence of experience in curriculum development.
Competencies and Skills:
- Have the ability to work with children, parents and staff in a capacity of leadership.
- Demonstrated ability to use initiative and be a self-starter.
- Performance experience in individual content area of teaching.
- Experience in curriculum development of dance.
- Is expected to start class on time with room set-up and reset room as required.
- Have a philosophy of education and child development, which is consistent with that of The Salvation Army.
- A positive attitude and the ability to be flexible.
- A willingness to promote the mission of the Salvation Army.
- Must be Safe from Harm certified within 60 days of hire.
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the duties of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions of this job.
Physical requirements include:
- Satisfactory speaking, hearing and vision ability, and excellent manual dexterity.
- Lifting, pulling and pushing of materials up to 25 pounds.
- Requires bending, squatting, dancing and walking.
- Standing for extended periods of time.
This job is performed at the Wisconsin & Upper Michigan Division Kroc Center (Green Bay) in an office environment at normal room temperature. The noise level in this work environment is usually low. Part-time position may require some weekend and evening work.
For other duties of this job, such as outdoor special events and community center activities, the employee may be exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time.
The noise level in the work environment at these events is usually moderate to loud.
All employees recognize that The Salvation Army is a church and agree that they will do nothing as an employee of The Salvation Army to undermine its religious mission.