Data Collector / Sleep Technician- 30 hours per week, Evenings
Required Qualifications :
- Three (3) years of related education and/or work experience such as medical research, recruiting, communications, survey interviewing and medical equipment usage and maintenance.
Experience working with people from diverse racial and economic backgrounds.
- Computer skills working with Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Experience working with data files.
- Must have transportation options appropriate to regular evening home visits.
Preferred Qualifications :
- Fluency in English (listening, reading, writing and speaking).
- Experience conducting research interviews, data collection and scheduling.
- Experience performing technical procedures such as sleep monitoring, anthropometry, blood pressures and applying monitoring devices such as Glucose and Heart monitors with research subjects.
- Experience setting up and maintaining research clinic operations
- Experience recruiting and retaining participants in a research study
- Experience with electronic data capture
- Experience working as part of a team
Certification in all areas of performance will be required. Training will be provided prior to the beginning of study operations.
Job Duties :
The Technician for this component of the Multi-Ethnic Study of Atherosclerosis (MESA) will be responsible for the following:
- Contact 4 to 5 research participants per week
- Schedule and conduct evening visits in participant homes
- Administer consent forms
- Attach sleep monitoring equipment and explain the procedures involved with use of the polysomnography, physical activity monitoring devices, and 24 Blood Pressure monitors
- Administer sleep questionnaires and explain use of the sleep diary
- Download and review study data and electronically transfer data to the off-site “Reading Center”
- Prepare participant feedback letters.
Each visit is anticipated to take between 60 to 90 minutes, with up to an additional 1 hour of transportation.
This position requires experience in garnering trust and ensuring confidentiality to establish excellent rapport with study participants.
Additional duties as assigned.