Candidates may be eligible for up to a $2,500 hiring bonus!
**In order to be considered for the position, apply through our Careers page by copying and pasting this link in your web browser**
Every person needs the support of others. The Minnesota Department of Human Services – Direct Care and Treatment is looking for person-centered, caring people to support individuals with intellectual disabilities, mental illness, brain injury, and other emotional, behavioral, medical complexities. Our goal is to ensure the people we serve achieve their highest quality of life and personal growth. This vacancy is part of the Community Based Services division of Direct Care & Treatment.
The Community Based Services residential short and long term housing program offers housing and supports to individuals throughout the state of Minnesota who require ongoing staff support/intervention due to cognitive disabilities, medical conditions, physical challenges, Autism Spectrum Disorders, various behavior challenges, and/or lack of adequate survival skills.
With locations across Minnesota, it is likely we will have a vacancy near you, working at one home rather than multiple locations!
This announcement will be used to fill multiple permanent, full-time (80 hours), part-time (60-80 hours) and intermittent (on-call) Direct Care Behavioral Specialist positions within Community Based Services sites in Lakeville, Minnesota. The shifts may be day, rotating (day/evening combination) or overnight.
The Behavior Modification Assistant (BMA) is responsible for assisting in assessing individual’s needs by performing direct care duties, developing and implementing residential and habilitation support plans with goals and methods. Communicating with team members and other agencies, evaluating and documenting out-comes, and maintaining or modifying the plan and performing related work as required. The BMA serves as a principal provider of behavior modification services to the work site team. Similar and/or related private-sector’s job titles: Human Services Technician (HST), Direct Support Professional (DSP), Mental Health Worker, Behavior Technician II, Mental Health Caregiver, and DSP Caregiver.
Working for the Minnesota Department of Human Services Direct Care & Treatment division PAYS!
In addition to a rewarding career in which you will be positively impacting the lives of Minnesota’s most vulnerable residents, we provide competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package. This includes a competitive hourly wage, shift differential for hours between 7pm and 7am, affordable insurance, retirement benefits, paid time off and more!
When you start a career with us, you may also be eligible for:
- $2,500 Hiring Bonus! (Current State of Minnesota employees are not eligible for a Hiring Bonus).
- $50 bonus for voluntarily working days off and weekends
- Annual pay increases
- Tuition reimbursement for courses related to the work of DHS
- Student loan reimbursement for eligible positions
- Experience working with individuals with intellectual disabilities, mental illness, and/or co-occurring diagnosis.
- Experience with verbal de-escalation strategies and working with individuals who exhibit aggressive behaviors.
- Clear communication skills to understand and communicate complex services with community members, employers and teams.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Basic math and computer skills.
- Must possess and maintain a valid Driver’s License.
- Must be able to perform all physical/essential requirements with or without reasonable accommodation(s).
- Our employees are dedicated to ensuring cultural responsiveness. Preferred candidates will have a variety of experiences working effectively with others from different backgrounds and cultures.
- Experience collecting and summarizing data to document program delivery by observation, charting and measuring.
Additional Requirements To facilitate proper crediting, please ensure that your resume clearly describes your experience in the areas listed and indicates the beginning and ending month and year for each job held.
REFERENCE/BACKGROUND CHECKS – The Department of Human Services will conduct reference checks to verify job-related credentials and criminal background check prior to appointment.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $20.41 – $26.89 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Night shift
- On call
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
- Signing bonus
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Lakeville, MN: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Driver’s License (Required)
Work Location: One location