The Director, Business Development is responsible for new business contracts for ECI s Professional Field Services, Consulting and Technology services and any other growth opportunity in the utility market for ECI. Responsibilities include leading personnel, managing BD operations, and generating sales. They will ensure quality customer support through opportunity development, proposal generation, follow-up, and client relationship building as well as conference participation and all ECI Sponsorships. Director of Business Development will lead and assign utilities and RFP responsibilities to the BD team.
What We Offer:
- Industry competitive pay.
- Medical/Health/Dental/Vision/AFLAC/Vacation Accrual/Paid Holidays/EAP eligibility on day one of employment (Full-Time Employees).
- 401K, life insurance, long-term disability eligibility first of the month after 3 months of service.
- Sick Time eligibility on day 90 of employment.
- Weekly pay checks and direct deposit.
- Participation in Employee Referral Program (must meet eligibility requirements).
- Boot and clothing program (company funded).
- Ongoing training and assistance with obtaining industry certifications.
- Lead personnel, manage BD operations and generate sales.
- Operational excellence including personnel, production, and quality.
- Generate sales of ECI s consulting, professional arborist services, and technology services. Meet/exceed sales and gross profit objectives which are established for the assigned client base and geography.
- Ensure quality customer support through opportunity development, proposal generation, follow-up, and client relationship building.
- Regularly travel over-night to perform client calls and actively seek to develop new clients within the assigned geographic territory. Estimated travel is 75 – 80%.
- Routinely meet with high-level utility client executives to reinforce ECI s industry leading consulting services and to establish long-term client relationships, during and beyond normal business hours.
- Plan and attend various statewide and national conferences and develop and deliver presentations.
- Provide ECI upper management with creative solutions for service growth ideas/opportunities.
- Accurately complete and submit all assigned paperwork and documentation. Promptly complete other assigned duties as determined by ECI management.
- Communicate with ECI employees, clients, and others in a respectful and dignified manner.
- Plan, organize, schedule and manage personal travel schedule.
- Present, promote and sell products/services using solid arguments to existing and prospective customers.
- Perform cost-benefit and needs analysis of existing/potential customers to meet their needs.
- Establish, develop and maintain positive business and customer relationships.
- Reach out to customer leads through cold calling.
- Expedite the resolution of customer problems and complaints to maximize satisfaction.
- Achieve agreed upon sales targets and outcomes within schedule.
- Coordinate sales effort with team members and other departments.
- Analyze the territory/market s potential, track sales and status reports.
- Supply management with reports on customer needs, problems, interests, competitive activities, and potential for new products and services.
- Responsible for overseeing the maintenance of sales related data in SalesForce.
- Keep abreast of best practices and promotional trends.
- Direct pricing approvals for projects up to $500,000 meeting minimum gross margin requirements, above $500,000 VP level approval required, project approvals must meet company goals and expectations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Sales or other relevant field; MBA a plus.
- 10 years of utility industry knowledge and experience or related field. Vegetation management experience a plus.
- 10 years of Business development / sales experience.
- Experience with closing long-cycle, complex sales opportunities.
- Successful experience in sales, business development, or customer relations.
- Prior experience with contract bidding and proposal preparation.
- Minimum 5 years management experience of functional direct reports.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, and the ability to self-manage a travel schedule.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with clients, staff, executives and field employees.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Computer skills to include Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point.
- Willingness to travel extensively (estimated 3+ weeks/month) including a few weekends each year.
- ISA Certification preferred, and ISA Utility Specialist Certification.
- Being Bi-Lingual (Spanish).
This job operates in an office, field or remote depending on client needs. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The employee is regularly required to sit, talk, and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Environmental Consultants (ECI) is a leading provider of vegetation and asset management consulting services to the utility industry. Successful professionals at ECI have come from a variety of backgrounds, including: forestry, arboriculture, natural resource management, biology, landscape maintenance, horticulture, nursery management, environmental sciences, geology, agriculture, parks & recreation management, urban forestry, geography, and more. For more information visit our website www.eci-consulting.com
Applicants must pass a pre-employment drug test and a criminal background check.
All candidates must possess a valid driver’s license and have a good driving record.
ECI is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. EOE/AA : Minority/Female/ Vets/ Disabled.