Work type: Full Time Administrative
Location: Kokomo, IN
Categories: Administrative/Professional, Student Affairs/Student Services
The Director of Recruitment is responsible for the development and implementation of the recruitment plan for the campus and is responsible for planning and development of recruitment activities, both on- and off-campus. The primary focus for this position is (but not limited to) campus events, student recruitment and prospect follow up.
- Leads, manages, mentors, and coaches the admissions team; work with Executive Director of K-14 with hiring of all college connection coaches; oversees and assists in the training, development, motivation, and ongoing management of staff including annual and ongoing reviews.
- Develop annual and long-range enrollment targets for the campus and its programs and implement innovative recruitment strategies in collaboration with the campus administration, other functional areas within Student Affairs, Academic Affairs, and faculty.
- Supervises the Visit Program, Student Ambassadors, and all Enrollment Services staff that have a recruiting caseload, as well as collaborates closely with the Express Enrollment Center, Director of Financial Aid, Bursar, and Student Success departments.
- Assists with strengthening relationships with collegiate and K-12 educational institutions and community organizations, improving cross-functional teamwork in support of retention and educational achievement
- Review, analyze and evaluate recruitment efforts and devise enhancements consistent with enrollment goals based on annual and long-range targets.
- Assist with the development and implementation of communications and information tools to prospective students in collaboration with the Systems Office Marketing and Communication groups.
- Assist with the planning and develop recruiting events on and off-campus
- Assist with the development and maintenance of collaborative relationships with on-campus personnel including Workforce Alignment, area industry/businesses, universities and community agencies and organizations as they relate to the implementation of the campus recruitment plan
- Participate in recruitment activities that may occur during non-traditional work hours. This could involve evenings, weekends and/or early mornings.
- Collaborate with other College services such as orientation, assessment, registration, financial aid, business office, counseling and other related functions at the campus.
- Serve on committees
- Maintain and manage department and College resources.
- Conduct all activities within the established guidelines of the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)
This is not to be construed as an exhaustive list. Other duties logically associated with this position may be assigned. All responsibilities will be conducted within the parameters of the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), other applicable regulatory requirements, and professional standards.
A Bachelor’s degree is required.
Minimum of one to two years of relevant experience demonstrating leadership qualities is preferred.
Broad knowledge of enrollment management processes and the ability to develop and maintain close working relationships with both internal and external constituents.
Must demonstrate the ability to take initiative and make decisions.
Interpersonal skills, attention to detail and the ability to handle major projects simultaneously are required.
Ability to demonstrate computer literacy and orientation toward creative uses of technology in the delivery of services for prospective students.
Demonstrated experience in managing multiple projects.
Must possess excellent “people” skills including working successfully with diverse populations, including (but not limited to) college and school personnel, area HR offices, supervisors, employees, and prospective students. Ability to sell a product, overcome objections, and close a deal is necessary.
Must possess skills and experience in public speaking.
Previous computer experience (particularly Microsoft Office) is necessary.
Must possess a willingness and ability to travel.
Ability to speak Spanish preferred.
Advertised: 19 Sep 2022 US Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: 14 Oct 2022 US Eastern Daylight Time