Safely operate one or more vehicle types including Front End, Roll Off, Residential and other trucks utilizing various collection methods to service customers in a safe and efficient manner. Deliver collected solid waste to disposal site. Fill in for various routes as needed to ensure consistent service.
- Operate one or more vehicle types with both automatic and standard transmission and collect solid waste, yard waste and/or recyclables on a collection route. Route may vary daily based on service needs.
- Complete pre-trip and post-trip safety lane inspections and reports, daily truck report, route sheets and other documentation requested by supervisor daily.
- Communicate vehicle mechanical problems to mechanic and supervisor immediately.
- Operate truck and equipment using prescribed techniques to eliminate driver-induced mechanical failures.
- Follow all safety standards, equipment checks and precautions in performance of all duties. Comply with all federal, state, local and company rules on safety and vehicle operation.
- Maintain clean vehicle by cleaning cab interior and exterior of vehicle.
- Manage assigned Helper(s) if applicable
Education, Training, Experience and Licensing/Certification Requirements:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) desired.
- Possess valid Class A or B Commercial Driver’s License (CDL).
- One (1) year of satisfactory driving experience of Class A or B vehicles preferred.
- Past experience driving all types of collection equipment is desired.
- Satisfactory driving record.
- Must pass DOT physical, drug screen and background check.
- Must pass written and road test evaluation.
- Ability to stand, walk, use hands and fingers, reach, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, talk, hear, climb, balance, and smell.
- Visual requirements include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus due to the constant maneuvering of vehicle in tight and high traffic areas.
- Ability to regularly lift/move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift/move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift/move up to 100 pounds.
- Sitting is required 75% of the time due to the primary function of driving.
- Ability to work in usually loud conditions.
GFL Environmental, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We will make reasonable accommodations to enable employees to perform their jobs.