DSHS ESA Social Service Specialist 2 – SSI Facilitation
The Community Services Division of DSHS’ Economic Services Administration is seeking a permanent Social Service Specialist 2’s for the Region 3 SSI Facilitation Team, this role is connected to Region 3, and based at the Community Service Offices (CSO) in Bremerton.
In this role, you will provide support and facilitation for those TANF and Aged, Blind, Disabled (ABD) clients needing assistance with applying for federal disability benefits, specifically Social Security Income and Social Security Disability. Your knowledge and experience will help support our mission to Transform Lives.
The Social Service Specialist provides case management to individuals with varying degrees of vocational, social, cultural, medical, or mental health conditions that hinder economic independence. This position specifically assists customers with applying for Social Security benefits and works with a range of individuals, including single and parenting adults receiving cash assistance programs.
Some Of What You’ll Do
- Facilitate the application process for TANF and ABD clients by assisting them to complete the Social Security application and monitoring application timelines
- Reviewing complex medical evidence
- Documenting medical and social service information in DSHS electronic case records and Social Security web-based application systems: monitoring case progress in both systems
- Serves as liaison for the client and work collaboratively with DDS, SSADO, medical providers, attorneys, CSO based social workers, etc.
- Track outcomes for facilitation; prepare reports and analysis for local, regional and statewide data purposes
- Document all assessment and case management services to appropriate electronic case management systems
What We’re Looking For
- Familiarity with the Social Security Income/Social Security Disability Income application process
- Knowledge of Community Service Office (CSO) programs including ABD and TANF
- Experience with Microsoft Office and preferred experience with ACES Online, eJas and Barcode
- Ability to work collaboratively
- Organizational skills
- Problem solving and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to multitask in an environment of change
- Effective communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- Awareness and sensitivity to diversity and cultural differences when engaging with clients
Who should apply?
Professionals Who Have One Of The Following
- Twelve months of experience as a Social Service Specialist 1; or
- A Bachelor’s degree in social services, human services, behavioral sciences, or an allied field, and two years of paid social service experience performing functions equivalent to a Social Service Specialist 1; or
- A Master’s degree in social services, human services, behavioral sciences, or an allied field and one year as a Social Service Specialist 1 or equivalent paid social service experience
Note: A two-year Master’s degree in one of the above fields that included a practicum will be substituted for one year of paid social service experience.
Please Include The Following
- Three professional references with current contact information
- Cover letter describing why you are the best fit for this position
- Current Resume
- Copy of official college transcript
Our Department of Social and Health Services (DSHS) mission to Transform Lives requires that we come together with a sense of belonging, common purpose, shared values and meaningful work. It is crucial to our agency’s mission that you bring an equity, anti-racism and social justice commitment to your work with DSHS. We strive to create greater access and affirming representation of the communities we serve, including Black, Indigenous and People of Color, people with physical, behavioral health, and intellectual disabilities, elders, LGBTQIA+ individuals, immigrants and refugees, and families building financial security.
Questions about this opportunity? Please contact email@example.com and reference job number 00364.
NOTE: Employees of the Department of Social and Health Services (DSHS) are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Any offer of employment is contingent upon verification of your vaccine status. Please note medical or religious accommodation may be available once an offer of employment is made.