The position is contract, hourly/non-exempt at 20-25 hours weekly. Shift hours may include, but aren’t limited to, select days Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. – 2 p.m. with additional evening and weekend hours as required for special events. The position does not receive benefits, except for parking.
Reports to: Curator of Education
Duties And Responsibilities
- Administrative coordination of school services programs, including maintaining school services calendar, booking field trips and group tours, coordinating with teachers, etc.
- Coordinates daily field trips, including check-in, managing tour schedule, responding to teacher and student needs, creating facilitator schedules, etc.
- Facilitation of education programs as needed – including guided school and group tours, virtual field trips and workshops, in-school workshops, outreach, scout workshops, home school programs, family days, adult programs, community events, summer camp, and public programming
- Assists in the research and development of educational curriculum and resources – including K-12 standard-based curriculum, home school lesson plans, camp curriculum, and general youth and family activity plans as needed
- Supports all youth camps & classes, as well as public programming as needed
- Assists in other areas and performs related duties as assigned
Required Knowledge, Skills, And Personal Qualifications
- Minimum of a high school diploma
- Must have an interest in working with children
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent customer-service skills and a positive and friendly disposition
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Teaching experience in a formal or informal setting
- Experience presenting to large groups
- Computer skills – Microsoft Word, Publisher, and Excel
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including occasional evenings and weekends
- Valid driver’s license and ability to provide own transportation
- Ability to lift at least 25 pounds
The above description and qualifications are not all-inclusive and represent a majority of the key responsibilities of this position. Other duties may be assigned in the course of activities as required to fulfill the directives of the museum and strategic plan. The work environment is primarily in the museum with some in-school, offsite, and outdoor activity. Duties may include some moderate lifting.
- Final candidates must pass a background check, drug screen, and be lawfully able to live and work in the United States.
Applications deadline: January 24th or until position is filled.
Pay: $17.50/hour, parking provided
Orange County Regional History Center, 65 East Central Blvd., Orlando, FL 32801
If you are claiming Veterans’ Preference, you are responsible for providing the required eligibility documentation by the close date of the posting. Please submit a cover letter and copies of documents, not originals, to Orange County Human Resources Division, PO Box 1393, Orlando, FL 32801-1393 or fax to (407) 836-0098 (only Veterans’ Preference documentation will be accepted by fax). Your cover letter should include the position posting number you are applying for, the title of the position and the last 4 digits of your social security number.
If your education was obtained in the United States, the County recognizes degrees or diplomas which are accredited by an agency recognized by the United States Department of Education (USDE) or the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) . If you have obtained education from a country other than the United States, your degree or diploma must be evaluated to determine the United States equivalency by a member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Service (NACES) or the Association of International Credentials Evaluations (AICE) at your expense.