Employee is responsible for answering inquiries and resolving problems received in the Member Support Center from members and other credit union employees via electronic channels including but not limited to phone and internet. Must be knowledgeable in all areas of branch services to include deposit and other member services in order to provide informed, prompt, accurate, courteous and professional service to all members, potential members and credit union employees. This position requires a basic knowledge of all credit union products and services and ability to quickly and accurately utilize resources to fulfill members needs or transfer to appropriate area. Must have ability to identify and cross offer products and services that meet member’s financial needs.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Receive incoming member calls, emails and chats, determine the nature of their request, and make every reasonable attempt to answer the inquiry, to complete the request, or to resolve the problem in a timely manner and without transferring the member to another department.
- Provide basic member service as requested to include but not limited to: Maintain member privacy and accurately authenticate member before providing services; Answer general member account inquiries concerning share and loan accounts. Process requests for stop payments, copies of share drafts, and copies of statements. Process member requests for withdrawals, transfers between accounts, and loan payments. ~Assist members with new or maturing share certificates. Process the necessary warnings and account blocks when a member reports a lost or stolen checkbook, ATM card, Visa credit card or Visa debit card. Assist members with debit card and credit card related questions
- Conduct the necessary research to resolve member problems and complaints, to include timely and complete follow through, accurate documentation and resolving the issue to the member’s satisfaction.
- Cross-sell credit union products and services through Synapsys based upon the needs and requests of the member, to include actively persuading members to use more on-line electronic services.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
- Maintain knowledge of and comply with all BSA related regulations and internal policies and procedures.
Performance Measurements: *
- Excellent written and oral communication skills to include delivering outstanding member service by telephone and chat.
- Ability to make decisions which are consistent with credit union policy without compromising our mission and core values.
- Analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills to include research and the ability to follow through on problems until resolved.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Extensive knowledge of all credit union products.
- Complete required annual training and adhere to all security procedures and regulatory guidelines.
- Participate in continuing education through training programs as assigned.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience Minimum six months of similar or related experience.
- Education A high school education is required, with additional education desired. Work experience will also be considered.
- Interpersonal Skills A significant level of trust and diplomacy is required, in addition to normal courtesy and tact. Work involves extensive personal contact with others and/or is usually of a personal or sensitive nature. Work may involve motivating or influencing others. Outside contacts become important and fostering sound relationships with other entities (companies and/or individuals) becomes necessary.
- Other Skills Good listening and telephone skills; experience with automated data processing systems including PC, software programs and mainframe system. Ability to multi-task, adjust to change, and have ability to use discernment and good judgement when making exceptions without compromising our mission and core values. Ability to recognize and act upon sales opportunities. A strong commitment to continued education. Remain calm in fast paced, high volume conditions.
- 1 – 2 years: Similar or related experience; call center experience preferred
- High School or better
- Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
- Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
- Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help
Job Type: Full-time