- Assists with instruction of EL students, in variety of settings.
- Keeps school and district office updated with current EL information.
- Assists with EL files.
- Work under the supervision of EL Teacher of Record and building administration.
- Communicate on a regular basis with EL teacher and administrators.
- Communicate with parents, as directed by EL teacher and/or administrator.
- Develop good relationship with all staff, including other non-certified staff, teachers and administrators.
- Translating written documents
- Operating standard office equipment using pertinent software applications
- Preparing and maintaining accurate records
- Knowledge of basic math skills
- Concepts of grammar and punctuation in both English and Second Language
- Coordinating age appropriate activities
- Knowledge of board policy, district, state and federal regulations/laws
- Ability to be flexible
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships
- Ability to work with a wide diversity of individuals
- Fluent in English
- Bi-lingual in Chin
- Desire to work with children of many cultures
- Prior experience working with English Language Learners preferred
- High School diploma or GED.
- Previous translator experience is preferred.
Support Staff – Instructional/ELL Tutor/Translator
DOUGLAS MACARTHUR ELEMENTARY
Providing support to the instructional program within an assigned classroom and resource center with specific responsibility for assisting in the assessment of students’ English language acquisition; administering tests; performing classroom clerical tasks and serving as a resource to other school personnel requiring assistance with non-English speaking persons.
Travel to school district buildings and professional meetings as required.
$18.00 per hour
182 days per year
7 Hours per day
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Physical and Mental Demands, Work Hazards
Seldom = Less than 25% Occasional = 26 to 50% Often = 51 to 75% Very Frequent = Greater than 75%
License/ Registration/ Certification
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt