Department: Dawson County Emergency Services
Salary: $16.00 Per Call
Status: Part- Time/Temporary/Non-Exempt
APPLICATIONS ACCEPTED UNTIL JANUARY 17, 2023
Performs a variety of emergency operations to protect lives and property in simultaneous fire suppression, search and rescue, and patient care activities and assures that all emergency equipment remains ready at all times to respond to emergency and non-emergency situations.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- Registered Volunteer (NPQ Firefighter 1 shall be obtained within 1 year of start date.)
- Basic Life Support Certification (BLS) shall be obtained within 1 year of start date.
- Valid Class C Driver’s License and a satisfactory Motor Vehicle Record (MVR).
- Class E or F. Class F required to pursue Apparatus Operator.
- Must meet all in-house testing requirements.
- Applicant must pass a background check and drug screening.
- Emergency Medical Responder shall be obtained within 1 year of start date.
- Must reside in Dawson County or live within 10 minutes of Dawson County Fire Station.
To apply, please go to our website at www.dawsoncountyga.gov and apply online. Paper applications are also available online or may be picked up in the Human Resources Department. Paper applications may be mailed or delivered to the Dawson County Human Resources Department, 25 Justice Way, Suite 2233, Dawsonville, GA 30534; Monday through Friday 8AM-5PM; or emailed to [email protected] All applications submitted are subject to public disclosure under the Georgia Open Records Act.
Dawson County is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Work Place.