The Surgery Center at Jensen Beach, is seeking a Endoscopy Tech to join our team. The Surgery Center at Jensen Beach is a fast paced ASC environment committed to producing the highest quality work and experience for patients and their families.
The Endoscopy Technician is responsible for cleaning and reprocessing endoscopes and accessories. Maintains and stocks instruments and supplies. Identifies and labels instruments to be delivered for processing as indicated. Receives and distributes instruments. Performs other related activities as necessary.
- Assists physician during procedures.
- Cleans and reprocesses endoscopes and instruments. Lubricates and reassembles instruments, identifies and labels instruments and scopes for processing.
- Monitors reprocessing units to ensure they are performing at optimal levels. Performs routine checks on reprocessing equipment and high level disinfecting agents. Interprets and records results. Reports problems to Manager.
- Operates reprocessing equipment utilizing proper operating procedures and methods in accordance with manufacturer’s recommended parameters for use as well as loading and unloading techniques. Follows procedures and infection control guidelines.
- Oversees the care, handling, and maintenance of endoscope equipment. Inspects endoscopes and any broken equipment and reports to Manager.
- Maintains open communication with manager regarding maintenance of endoscopes, equipment, and supplies to meet Endoscopy needs. Documents and tracks scope repairs or any other equipment in need of repair. Communicates all scope repairs to Manager.
- Must be willing to cross train and work other areas of facility
- Travel to work at other local USPI facilities a possibility
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Basic knowledge of arithmetic
- Must be able to work independently
- Current BLS
Job Type: Part-time
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- BLS Certification (Preferred)
Work Location: One location