- Morris Lapidus
A spectacular blend of Golden Era glamour and modern luxury, Fontainebleau today reinvents the original vision of legendary architect Morris Lapidus – a stage where everyone plays their unique part. At Fontainebleau, striking design, contemporary art, music, fashion and technology merge into a vibrant new kind of guest experience. Guests are invited to enter a world where they are free to play, shop, dine, spa, meet or simply relax – however they define a perfect day. Situated on oceanfront Collins Avenue in the heart of Millionaire’s Row, Fontainebleau Miami Beach is one of the most historically and architecturally significant hotels on Miami Beach. Opened in 1954 and designed by Morris Lapidus, it was the most luxurious hotel on Miami Beach, and is thought to be the most significant building of Lapidus’ career.
Responsible for the installation, maintenance, and repair of the electrical systems throughout the property.
Examples of Duties, includes but is not limited to the following
- Install and maintain electrical systems that operate on alternating or direct current circuits, generators, transformers, and appliances through panels, switches, meters, and circuit breakers.
- Repair motors and other electrical/electronic controls.
- Perform necessary repairs to moderately complex equipment such as vacuum cleaners, toasters, lamps, and small appliances on an as needed basis.
- Identify electrical and safety problems applicable to the installation, repair, and maintenance of electrical systems and take necessary corrective action.
- Maintain outdoor power and lighting.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Knowledge and use of all techniques for the trade.
- Knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field.
- Knowledge of electrical systems.
- Knowledge of electrical safety.
- Basic knowledge of plumbing, surveillance, and mechanical trades a plus.
- Knowledge, understanding, and compliance of policies and procedures, job descriptions, daily memorandums, chemical labels, and other instructions.