Location: Fannin County Environmental Health Dept.- Blue Ridge, Ga
Reviews plans, inspects, and responds to complaints of assigned facilities/sites for compliance. Facilities include Food Service Establishments, Tourist Accommodations, and Swimming Pools.
- Reviews onsite sewage management system (OSSMS) applications. Evaluates OSSMS sites and inspects OSSMS installations. Response to OSSMS complaints.
- Fieldwork may require working in adverse weather conditions
- May drive company vehicles (valid driver’s license required)
- Investigates/responds to potential health hazards.
- Investigates animal bite cases and is familiar with the Rabies program protocol.
- The ability to lift 25 pounds.
- Strong Interpersonal skills with collogues as well as clients. Excellent writing skills required
Bachelor’s degree in a natural or physical science, business or a related field from an accredited college or university AND One year of experience in the area of assignment.
- Bilingual (Spanish and English)
- Environmental Health Specialist experience in Public Health
- Food service standardization and SerfSafe Certification.
- A passing score on a nationally recognized registration for environmental health specialists or sanitarians
- Registered Environmental Health Specialist (REHS) or Registered Sanitarian (RS) by the National Environmental Health Association (NEHA)
- Recognized credentialing of state or county board having equivalent standards as NEHA
- Currently qualified as a Standardized Retail Food Inspection Officer.
Primarily sedentary, light physical work with limited to no unusual conditions. Indicate if occasional lifting of 45IBs. Or more.
Current State employees are subject to State Personnel Board rules regarding salary.
CBH accepts educational credential recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) and/or the US Department of Education (DOE) will be considered.
All positions require criminal history record check. Required education credentials, license, certification and/or registration must be submitted prior to employment in the position. Some positions require pre-employment drug testing in which the applicant who is offered the position will be required to successfully complete.
As an employee of CBH, in the event of an identified emergency you may be required, as a term and condition of employment, to assist in meeting the emergency responsibilities of the department.
This announcement is open to all persons meeting minimum qualifications. If special accommodations are needed, contact the District Personnel Office at 706-529-5757.
Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to provide information on application status by phone or e-mail. All qualified applicants will be considered, but may not necessarily receive an interview. Selected applicants will be contacted by the hiring agency for next steps in the selection process. Applicants who are not selected will not receive notification.
This posting is subject to close at any time once a satisfactory applicant pool has been identified.
For more information regarding employment within the North Georgia Health District, please log on to our website at www.nghd.org.
CBH is an Equal Opportunity Employer
How to Apply: