Estate Accounting Administrator
Anticipated Salary Range: $71,130.00 – $80,000.00 per year
Closing Date: Until Filled
The Division of Rehabilitation and Liquidation (Division) is one of 13 divisions within the Florida Department of Financial Services. It serves as the Receiver of insurance companies that are placed in receivership, primarily for purposes of rehabilitation or liquidation. Under an order of rehabilitation, the Receiver seeks to remedy the problems that resulted in the company being placed into rehabilitation. In liquidation, the Receiver collects all assets of the company and ultimately distributes the available assets to claimants under a statutory prioritization. In both instances, the Receiver is responsible for conducting business on behalf of the company that has been placed in receivership. This process entails providing an array of services which include Accounting, Asset Recovery, Claims, Legal, Information Technology, Administrative Services and Estate Management functions.
The Division is seeking an Estate Accounting Administrator. This position is responsible for managing accounting activities for insurance companies in receivership. The duties and responsibilities of this position include the following:
- Manages the accounting activities of insurance companies in receivership.
- Coordinates projects and assignments for the Estate Accounting Unit and supervises Senior Accountants, Forensic Accountants, and the Tax Manager.
- Develops policies and procedures for Estate Accounting Unit activities.
- Performs treasury functions, cash management, and investments including securing company assets, coordinating bank activities, and serving as a liaison with a variety of entities.
- Reviews and prepares distribution and discharges accounting projections.
- Prepares company financial statements.
- Prepares analytical data for litigation and testifies as required.
- Responsible for on-going investigative accounting and analysis of receivership estates.
- Supervises vendors retained by the Receiver for forensic and estate accounting projects.
- Assists the Accounting Director with special projects related to estates.
- Travels to insurance companies that are placed in receivership as required.
- Performs other duties as required.
The hiring salary for this position is$71,130.00 – $80,000.00 per year.
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in accounting, finance, mathematics, or related field and four years of professional accounting experience, two of which must have been in a supervisory capacity, or
- Any combination of education and/or experience in the fields described above that equals the minimum requirement.
Preference may be given to applicants with experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Insurance regulatory experience
- Insurance receiverships or bankruptcy proceedings
- Microsoft Dynamics SL
- In compliance with federal law, individuals selected for hire will be required to confirm their identity and eligibility to work in the United States.
- In accordance with Florida Statutes 110.1128, the Division must verify male applicants have registered with the Selective Service System or have proof of registration exemption to be eligible for employment or promotion with the Division. If registration or exemption cannot be verified, male applicants are not eligible for hire. If currently employed by the Division, this law prohibits the promotion of such person. This requirement also applies to any male who has legally or illegally entered the United States. To check the status of your registration, obtain proof of exemption, review requirements for transgender people, or for general information about the Selective Service System, please visit www.sss.gov.
Why Join Our Team?
The vision of the Receiver is to be a recognized and respected leader in the efficient administration of insurance receiverships. To accomplish this goal, the Receiver is comprised of a talented workforce that is dedicated to providing quality service that maximizes value for the public. Joining our team will provide the opportunity to experience the following benefits:
- A welcoming and open environment that fosters a sense of belonging, purpose and innovation.
- Meaningful and challenging work that improves the quality of life for the citizens of Florida.
- Shared values of service, teamwork, excellence, accountability, diversity, innovation and integrity.
- A comprehensive benefit package that includes medical, dental, vision, life and other supplemental insurances, retirement and flexible spending accounts, front-loaded paid time off, and more.
- A culture that supports flexible work schedules, community service and the recognition of employee contributions.
- A commitment to training and development through continuous education and collaboration.
For more information, please visit our website at http://www.myfloridacfo.com/division/receiver/.
How to Apply:
Resumes can be submitted through one of the below methods. The information must be received by the position’s closing date and time.
- Mail or Hand Delivery: 325 John Knox Road, Atrium Building, Suite 101, Tallahassee, Florida 32303.
- If you require an accommodation to participate in the application process due to a disability, please call (850) 413-4546 for assistance.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $71,130.00 – $80,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: One location