Executive Director, Enterprise Systems Services
Salary: up to $185,000 Commensurate with Experience
- Manage all aspects of infrastructure engineering and operating functions for DoITT-hosted enterprise systems services;
- Oversee Windows, Unix, Linux, AIX and Apple engineering and operations services;
- Direct the strategic planning, policy formulation and implementation of the City’s enterprise systems;
- Provide executive management for the development of major programs that seek to coordinate the effective use of technology;
- Administer the technical design and operations activities of the division as well as instituting policies concerning services, methods, standards, and scope for providing services;
- Represent the agency at high-level meetings with citywide partners and other entities;
- Ensure that OTI’s technology products and services meet business requirements; and lead high-priority special projects and technology initiatives as assigned.
- 8+ years developing and managing infrastructure and supporting enterprise applications on a senior level;
- Knowledge of release methodologies, project management, technical support, production support, strategic planning, client/server applications, and enterprise services;
- Knowledge of Data Center Design, Compute, Storage and Networking;
- Demonstrated abilities: teamwork, analytical, communication, and organization skills;
- Ability to lead and handle multiple tasks under tight deadlines;
- Ability to effectively interface with technologists, business owners, and end-users;
- Demonstrated knowledge of New York City government;
- ·Demonstrated leadership, staff development and analytics skills are strongly desired.
1. BA/BS including 24 credits in the field of voice and/or data telecommunications or related field and 4 years of related work experience where 18 months must have been in an executive, managerial, or administrative capacity.
2. An Associates degree from an accredited college including or supplemented by 12 credits in the field and 5 years’ work experience as described in “1” above;
3. Education and/or experience equivalent.
NYC Residency is required within 90 days of appointment
Please go to www.nyc.gov/jobs/search and search for Job ID #533168
COVID-19: As of August 2, 2021, all new hires must be vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus, unless they have been granted a reasonable accommodation for religion or disability. If you are offered city employment, this requirement must be met by your date of hire, unless a reasonable accommodation for exemption is received and approved by the hiring agency.
SUBMISSION OF A RESUME IS NOT A GUARANTEE THAT YOU WILL RECEIVE AN INTERVIEW
APPOINTMENTS ARE SUBJECT TO OVERSIGHT APPROVALS
Visit us at www.nyc.gov/DoITT
The City of New York are inclusive equal opportunity employers committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce and providing a work environment that is free from discrimination and harassment based upon any legally protected status or protected characteristic, including but not limited to an individual’s sex, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity, or pregnancy.
OTI(DoITT) participates in E-Verify