Executive Practice Administrator
DESCRIPTION OF POSITION:
- The Executive Practice Administrator maintains positive working relationships with staff, physicians and residents to achieve patient, staff and physician satisfaction and continuous group performance improvement.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Continuously encourages process improvement in all areas. Actively identifies opportunities for process improvement. Implements plan to improve and monitors processes to ensure results are achieved.
- Coordinates and oversees interviewing, orientation, training, continuing education, competency assessment, performance appraisal, disciplinary actions of staff, in consultation with the physicians and Practice Director when necessary.
- Coordinates the employment start, orientation, training, continuing education, recertification, requirements and renewal of licensure of physicians.
- Maintains staffing levels at internal or external benchmarks.
- Conducts regular management meetings with the Practice Directors to ensure staff is informed of organizational changes and staff is provided a forum to identify procedural barriers and opportunity to improve processes.
- Oversees scheduling, payroll and purchasing functions along with the Practice Directors.
- Oversees the maintenance of property, plant and equipment and ensures it is in satisfactory working order and up to code along with the Practice Directors.
- Serves as a resource and role model regarding practice issues that involve planning, implementation and evaluation of care provided in the practice.
- Communicates effectively and in a timely and professional manner with all internal and external customers.
- Coordinates education activities through collaboration with the Medical Education Department.
- Incorporates best practice processes in offices and monitors staff compliance with these practices.
- Attends and participates in operational meetings.
- Identifies and participates in quality improvement processes.
- Demonstrates awareness of patient rights and ensures that awareness is demonstrated by staff and physicians.
- Administers and monitors the practice operations expenditures consistent with cost containment and budgetary restraints.
- Assists in the development of the annual budget and monitors progress toward budget attainment.
- Coordinates activities with the Patient Financial Services Department to maximize effectiveness in billing practices and revenue cycle performance.
- Demonstrates ability to prioritize responsibilities according to practice activities and staffing demands.
- Establish processes for monitoring physician quality and practice efficiency goals.
- Work in collaboration with Public Relations/Marketing Department to ensure practice growth.
- Assures the practices are compliant with federal, state and local regulations.
- Ensures corporate compliance is an integral part of all business processes.
- Develops, communicates and implements appropriate departmental policies and procedures.
- Assists in the development of business plans and participates in the development of the physician practice strategic plan.
- Collaborates with support departments to ensure quality care is delivered to all patients.
- Facilitates site review by auditors, surveyors or managed care organizations.
- Implements improvements and recommendations based on internal and external audits.
- Works to achieve continuous quality improvement and performance in all areas of responsibility.
- Maintains professional growth and development through seminars, workshops and professional affiliations. Takes responsibility to remain current with all required educational information, literature and memorandums.
- Performs other duties as requested by management.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE
- B.S. required or 10 years’ experience in clinic management.
- Extensive understanding of physician practice operations.
- Five years experience in a multi-specialty medical practice setting or similar ambulatory or business setting in which potential administrative and supervisory competence has been demonstrated.
- Management experience required.
- Computer literacy essential. Proficient in Microsoft Office and Microsoft Excel.
- Experience in budgetary process required. Experience in billing cycle, professional and facility coding and compliance required.
- Gathers, organizes, verifies, composes, and/or analyzes data in the completion of several defined, multi-step procedures.
- Analyzes and interprets complicated information. Determines a course of action based on general guidelines. Produces final output within established standards.
Physical Demands/Work Environment
- Work requires sitting, bending, kneeling, crawling, crouching, stooping, climbing, reaching, typing, standing, and walking throughout the facility.
- The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
- Good vision and hearing are required as position requires frequent communication with personnel, patients and community.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to spend hours looking at a computer monitor and typing.
- The employee is frequently required to drive off-site to hospitals, community and business locations and events.
- The employee frequently moves about the hospital and other businesses, and my encounter any hazards present there.
- The noise level in the office environment is usually low to moderate.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.