Applications are being accepted for a full-time Facilities Management Assistant at Moraine Park Technical College, Fond du Lac Campus. This position is responsible for providing administrative support and technical assistance to the facilities support system. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled; however, initial review of applicants will take place November 23, 2022.
Summary of Work Schedule-Academic: Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Total Hours/Week-Academic: 37.5 hours
Summary of Work Schedule-Summer: Monday – Thursday, 7:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Total Hours/Week-Summer: 34 hours
Weeks per year: 52
Hiring range: $21.52 – $25.32
- Provide administrative support and technical assistance to the Director of
- Facilities, including coordination of construction and staff meetings, distribution of
- documents, communication of bid results, assistance with maintenance of master plans and files.
- Provide technical assistance for the district-wide facilities functions, including
- housekeeping, safety, buildings and grounds, maintenance, construction and risk
- management. Provide administrative support to the Facilities managers to include deciphering and determining if work order assignment or call to a manager for immediate action is necessary.
- Explain departmental and College policies and procedures and respond to inquiries of information via verbal and written communication. Prepare and distribute correspondence and related information to appropriate customers; type quotations, requisitions, forms, reports and other material. Track all information for annual state reporting, including maintaining spreadsheets, compiling information and submitting reports to the State Office.
- As an administrator of the College’s room booking system, maintain an accurate room listing. Coordinate the use of MPTC facilities by outside groups to include room scheduling, catering, custodial service, room set-ups, rental billing and utilization reporting. Create contracts with outside groups and determine rental rates based on district policy.
- Assist the Director of Facilities with construction operation activities such as operational item ordering, temporary space allocations, scheduling general moves, working with vendors to update maps, wayfinding signage, and environmental graphics. Administer post occupancy surveys, gather data, and create presentable content for review and action.
- Coordinate staff vehicle check-out and schedule maintenance of vehicles and equipment. Maintain and update preventive maintenance files and building and grounds equipment operating manuals.
- Track district-wide quality improvement benchmarks for the Facilities Support System. Recommend and incorporate new uses of technology and other tools or system improvements to increase efficiency and quality of department workflow and functions.
- Coordinate and administer content for the Facilities intranet and internet websites to include postings of construction related activities, reservation information, Facilities related alerts and policy and procedure updates.
- Make budgeted department purchases to include major equipment purchases, maintain an adequate stock of general office materials and supplies, and monitor expenditures against budget, compile data and information for completion of reports, special studies and various projects. Solicit pricing for materials and supplies, generate purchase orders, do budget transfers, process change orders and invoices.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Associate Degree in Administrative Assistant, Accounting or a related field.
- Three years’ related occupational experience. Familiarity with facilities operations and accounting experience preferred.
- Any combination of equivalent training and experience which provides desired knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Working knowledge of general office practices and procedures, terminology, and equipment.
- Willingness to take initiative, work independently with little supervision and make decisions with minimum direction. Must demonstrate strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to prioritize special projects with routine assignments.
- Ability to set up and maintain accurate, up-to-date files and records.
- Ability to work with detailed information, compile statistics and data for state reports and to compose appropriate memos and correspondence.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, students and public. Ability to work in a team-based environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Access, Power Point and Adobe Acrobat) to learn specialized facility software programs.
- Must possess strong oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with diverse populations by promoting and maintaining an inclusive work environment and culture that is respectful and accepting of diversity.
Group Life Insurance
Group Health Insurance
Group Dental Insurance
Group Vision Insurance
Long Term Disability
Short Term Disability
Paid Time Off
403(b)/457 Deferred Comp-Voluntary Retirement Savings Program Options
Employee Assistance Program